The Official Kaizoku Sentai Goukaiger News Thread - Promo on the first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who you gonna call?
Maybe the people who were saying Green might be based on Doctor Who were right? But why pick that? No one in Japan watches Doctor Who.

Says you. While Doctor Who might not be as popular in Japan as it is in western countries (which frankly I doubt) that doesn't mean they don't aknowledge it as a popular culture icon or just as a trend (specially after the revival).

And don't tell me you've never watched this:[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upLkHR5u7N4"]Doctor Who: 9th Doctor to 10th Doctor (Japanese)[/ame]

That's not very piratey. :(

The Strawhat Pirates salute you. I reccomend you to read or watch One Piece to get used to the style of piracy we'll face during this year and we don't hear complains in the future about how un-pirate the Goukaiger act since One Piece is probably one of Goukaiger's main influences.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I have tried to get Japanese friends/acquaintances into Doctor Who before and none of them had ever heard of the show. At least one of them actually said "no one in Japan watches this" - it might have just been the way that a lot of Japanese people speak, when they say "Japanese people do this/that" instead of "I do this/that." At the very least, the Fourth Doctor (the one played by Tom Baker, that Green is supposed to look like) isn't the same kind of cultural icon in Japan that he is in the west

And don't tell me you've never watched this:

Obviously, no

The Strawhat Pirates salute you. I reccomend you to read or watch One Piece to get used to the style of piracy we'll face during this year and we don't hear complains in the future about how un-pirate the Goukaiger act since One Piece is probably one of Goukaiger's main influences.

I am familiar with One Piece, thank you, though I haven't caught up with it lately. I would describe the Straw Hats as "scoundrels," but at least they're fun, whereas this lot just look annoying

Eye See You
I see.

Personally, I couldn't see how Japan would orgasm over Doctor Who. Especially with all of the **** that comes out of Japan to begin with.

But I guess the only the way be a success in Japan is to either be a young Japanese girl or a giant monster. :laugh:

can we like, at least watch the first episode when it airs first before we start bitching about the team cos honestly, we don't know ANYTHING about their characters at this point in time. ._.

Before I say it's not true can someone tell me why Green(a person in a show we haven't even seen yet) is a reference to Dr. Who?
Then I'll say it's not true.

Fun Fact: The Japanese voice of the Who in that video is voiced by Momotaros. Which means Dr.Who is a Den-O fan.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Before I say it's not true can someone tell me why Green(a person in a show we haven't even seen yet) is a reference to Dr. Who?
Then I'll say it's not true.

Fun Fact: The Japanese voice of the Who in that video is voiced by Momotaros. Which means Dr.Who is a Den-O fan.

Some people called it when the first pictures of the cast appeared, because Green has frizzy hair and wears a scarf like Tom Baker!Doctor. Now we know the Gokaigers call him "Doctor." I wouldn't think it's deliberate, Doctor Who is seemingly not very well known in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.