Surprised this hasn't been talked up more, but it seems the people behind that Rebirth short that made the rounds last summer are doing a web series for Warner Premier. Details at the moment are scarce (including conformation) but it seems that Michael Jai White will return as Jax and centers around a fight against the alternate universe gods Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn. Other characters to be featured are Liu Kang, Durak, Sub Zero, Kabal, Kitana/Mileena, and Scorpion. Frankly I am happy with the re-introduction of the supernatural, the "realism" of the Rebirth short just came across as overly depressing.

Banned
Surprised this hasn't been talked up more, but it seems the people behind that Rebirth short that made the rounds last summer are doing a web series for Warner Premier. Details at the moment are scarce (including conformation) but it seems that Michael Jai White will return as Jax and centers around a fight against the alternate universe gods Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn. Other characters to be featured are Liu Kang, Durak, Sub Zero, Kabal, Kitana/Mileena, and Scorpion. Frankly I am happy with the re-introduction of the supernatural, the "realism" of the Rebirth short just came across as overly depressing.

Umm... Where did you read this? I read that they are doing a web series based DIRECTLY on that realism crap fest mini movie.

Whomp, whomp!
I prefer my Mortal Kombat characters not to be crapped on, thank you very much.