I wouldn't say I loved the anime, but for me, it's the opposite. I found the movies to lack energy and I just didn't like them overall.

GT? What's that?

I hated the Death Note film not only because they changed the race of L to Japanese, but that reason too plus Ryuk looked fake. An American can only be better than that considering we have the effects to make Ryuk look realistic and that maybe the pychoglogical thriller aspect of the series and the battle of wills between L and Kira will translate much better on screen than in the original films.

GT should be forgotten and discarded in the bargain bin at Walmart alongside Airbender. Both are of fail.

meh, the cast members in the live action movies were all good, so who cares what changes they had made to the characters? does that even matter? :redface2:
Toda Erika also portrayed Amane Misa in a less annoying way compared to the anime version, she was noisy as **** in there.

Mad Skillz
Was never too much of a fan of the first Death Note movie, it seemed less like a movie and more like a summary of events of the early bits s of the manga. The Last Name, on the other hand, was a pretty awesome movie and had an ending I consider much better than the manga.

I guess I'll remain cautiously optimistic about this one. The script from some time ago wasn't that bad after all.

meh, the cast members in the live action movies were all good, so who cares what changes they had made to the characters? does that even matter? :redface2:
Toda Erika also portrayed Amane Misa in a less annoying way compared to the anime version, she was noisy as **** in there.
I've learned to sound all women out so I'll have too take your word for it.
You really think I don't see that they both originated from an anime/manga? Come on dude! :eyebrow: I'm talking about genres here. Get with the program. Yah we all hope that it doesn't suck, you can say the same for the Captain America Movie, or the Spiderman movie reboot, but don't go saying, "oh I hope it doesn't suck just like DBE did" Cause Dragonball has nothing to do with Death note at all! See what I'm saying? They're both totally different types of shows!
Were not saying there comparable were just saying we don't want it to suck like the worst anime based movie DBE did.

I honestly don't see how anyone can't grasp the point a few of us were getting it.
I get what you're saying yet you can't seem to grasp what others are saying.

In Justice, We Trust!
DBE didn't exactly set the bar for how these kinds of movies are done...so I think that's why everyone's expectations are so low.

Lurker
Were not saying there comparable were just saying we don't want it to suck like the worst anime based movie DBE did.

Well I ain't complain'n, it was horrible. I'll remain optimistic though with this one.

You know it still blows my mind to see that Dragonball The magic begins was a lot more entertaining and faithful then DBE! :laugh:
I get what you're saying yet you can't seem to grasp what others are saying.
Thank god I ain't the only one :laugh: thank you :thumbs:

Last edited: