Banned
I'm having all these memories come back of Beetleborgs now. Like the stock footage for when the vehicles are launching. For some reason I forgot about loving that back in the day. <3 this show.

You and me both.
I'm seriously holding off an urge to recut B-Fighter's OP with the Beetleborgs theme.

Nice post!!
Seeing how good B-Figher is makes me a bit angrier about what Beetleborgs did to it. I usually don't have problems with adaptations, but Beetleborgs always struck me as an egregiously bad show, even by Saban's standards.

Mad Skillz
I...actually liked the show. Granted, I was a 10 year old at the time and the kid superhero thing really appealed to me at the time, but I didn't think it was that bad.

Looking back on it sometime last year, it was...yeah, it didn't age well. B-Fighter, on the other hand, ages pretty nicely and has a few cool arcs waiting to spring on you. Though I always thought the first eight episodes were actually the slowest, I really enjoy the main character's actor because he has a lot of mannerisms that I enjoyed in his brother in Dairanger.

Nice post!!
I was a teenager when Beetle Borgs aired. While I could enjoy Masked Rider, VR Troopers, and Power Rangers on a "cheesy fun" level, Beetle Borgs made my brain seize up the moment Flabber was onscreen. I couldn't even take watching it when it ended up in the 6:30 AM timeslot before school, which is how VR Troopers won me over.

I didn't mind the kid hero angle or the usual adaptation stuff, like playing 23 skidoo with the plot. But... Flabber. To this day, contemplating him fills me with existential dread.

Banned
I like Beetleborgs.
I'm not refuting that it's not a horrid show, it is, on so many level's. But it's fall into So bad it's good territory for me.

And yes, i was 10 when it started airing.

But now i know the Awesomeness of B-Fighter, i'm never going back. Even though i'm only picking up about 10-15 percent of the Dialog, i can already tell it's a far better show.

Eye See You
I'm having all these memories come back of Beetleborgs now. Like the stock footage for when the vehicles are launching. For some reason I forgot about loving that back in the day. <3 this show.

Don't ruin the thread. :loltongue:

You and me both.
I'm seriously holding off an urge to recut B-Fighter's OP with the Beetleborgs theme.

You do that and consider urself black listed from coolness.

Banned
Episode 5 in the bag.

So i think this was the Standard "Good guy get's possesed/replaced by bad guy and fight's their teamates" episode for the season.

It's it just me, or is the Wire Hand the lamest vehicle Weapon ever?
The others got a Drill and a huge Magnet, and Rei gets.........a UFO Claw......

Now, everyone:
BEEEEE FIGHTAH, BEEEEE FIGHTAH
*Rawk*

Banned
Episode 6 Done.

Enviromental Aesop episode.........yay:redface2:
Arg, i hate these epsiodes, "Save the tree's" and etc.

Also, odd thing i only now noticed, each B-Commander has a different crest on it for who uses it. Don't know why i only realized it 6 shows in.

Also, when then Machine's are launching, when the Stag Tank's door is opening, the Tread's are lined up so the threads are under the body like normal and both are facing the edge of the ramp, but when it moves out, suddenly they are out at a 90 degree angle facing down the ramp......:sly:

Banned
Ep. 7 in the bag.

This one reminded me of that one Goosebumps story about the Camera that ether seal's you in th picture or shows how you will die and make's it happen (can't remember which it was).

Also, you'd think Rei would get some kind of Injury from getting kicked in the face, like a broken nose or a black eye at least. (Yeah, this is a kids show, i know:p).

私の占いは当たる
Jiro! There is no need to kidnap the children, they will watch your show anyway!

vlcsnap2011010512h30m49.png