(っ・ω・)っ
There's something I just can't wrap my head around:

Why.. if someone is proud to be a man and like other men.. why do they tend to want to dress like women .___. or dress more femininely..?
The point of womens clothing is to flatter or enhance their natural body... so if men are proud of who they are.. shouldn't they want to excentuate what makes them a man?
If they like the colours they can wear pink or purple. It's not like they don't make mens clothes in that colour. Maybe you say that they want to feel "pretty" but pretty is a term for visually pleasing but it's not visually pleasing if it doesn't sit right on the body.
.. So why the need? @_@ And other gays that are attracted to that.. wouldn't it mean that they're attracted to aspects of the opposite gender? But doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of being attracted to the male figure in the first place; the point of being gay?

So yeah.. TL;DR.... why do some gay people like to wear feminine clothing? This question obviously excludes bisexuals and applies to people who are strictly gay.

(っ・ω・)っ
No but seriously? Does anyone know? Or can anyone attempt to answer this? It's been plaguing me for a long time..

Webslinger
I'm not gay but I remember back in Sociology my teacher explained that some gay people do this because they feel uncomfortable about their gender and dress in the opposite sex clothing to feel like that sex. She also pointed out that it could become extreme to the point that they get sex changes. So if you ask me it's probably because they feel like they were born of the wrong sex. It's all about what makes them feel comfortable in terms of gender and appearance portrayal.

(っ・ω・)っ
I'm not gay but I remember back in Sociology my teacher explained that some gay people do this because they feel uncomfortable about their gender and dress in the opposite sex clothing to feel like that sex. She also pointed out that it could become extreme to the point that they get sex changes. So if you ask me it's probably because they feel like they were born of the wrong sex. It's all about what makes them feel comfortable in terms of gender and appearance portrayal.

But so many do it.. to the point that it almost makes me think.. are they all uncomfortable about their own bodies? Do all of them secretly want to be women?
So many say that they don't.. that they're just gay.. but then why do they do this? @_@..

But that's a pretty good attempt to answering this..

It's over 8,000!
Why make a thread that makes them feel uncomfortable? Just ask them in private. You already know one. Heck, you probably know two. One of them for sure does it, so just ask him. He of course posts his stuff in public too, but PMs work.

Webslinger
^ lol I tried but that's what I learned back in that class. I'm pretty sure there are more reasons behind it.

(っ・ω・)っ
Why make a thread that makes them feel uncomfortable? Just ask them in private. You already know one. Heck, you probably know two. One of them for sure does it, so just ask him. He of course posts his stuff in public too, but PMs work.

I figured that one person couldn't speak for everyone so I wanted to ask people's opinions. I think it's a legitimate question- at least I put a lot of thought into it. I'm not asking to offend anyone otherwise I would've made a joke out of it or wouldn't have tried to explain -why- I didn't get it.. but I seriously don't understand it.

Why would it make them uncomfortable? If they really enjoy what they wear why not give them a chance to speak for themselves? I'm not shunning them, I'm just asking why.

Harumph.
Not all gays do this. The ones I know dress like any other guy.

The ones that do, like Wonderwall already said, probably has issues with their gender.

As for WHY they do...who knows? There are different reasons for different people.

It's over 8,000!
OK, it may make them uncomfortable. Not many may be like that. Like I said, you already know him or her.