Power Rangers Samurai - News Thread! (Premiers February 7th @ 8pm/7pm central!)

I've been meaning to say this also. I don't know if it's because of the quality of the pic, but those figures above look worse then the megas as far as poseability.They actually look highly bootleg, because only bootlegs have that extremely glossy look. lol

But of I can be wrong, it could just be the light in the background of the pic.

And it could be how the light makes the plastic window on the box look more shiny, I liked these figures cause they remind me of the RPM figures which I found to be pretty solid. Btw, where'd you get that pic of Yui? It's awesome :p

Some kind of Beast mode
And it could be how the light makes the plastic window on the box look more shiny, I liked these figures cause they remind me of the RPM figures which I found to be pretty solid. Btw, where'd you get that pic of Yui? It's awesome :p

Yup yup, that too. The box art is real nice too, not too shabby.

I know right! lol I love when Sentai senshi take pics with there (first) scripts. I got it from her blog.

Matrix of Leadership
The kanji isn't too drastically different.

77820924.png

Oh wow. I didn't even notice the difference when I saw the video. But at least they used the kanji for the morph. Thumbs up on that one Saban :thumbs:

But thumbs down on the rest of the morph:shakefist

Yup yup, that too. The box art is real nice too, not too shabby.

I know right! lol I love when Sentai senshi take pics with there (first) scripts. I got it from her blog.

Yea, I also liked how it has the Saban Brands logo on the back of the box which it should, wish they used the "Saban's" PRS logo instead of the initial one for the packaging but they'll probably change it to that by the time PRS premieres.

I am however getting kind of tired of the plastic window packaging for the megazords, I liked it back then when they had a box that had a shot of the megazord with the box art with all 5 rangers posing above the megazord name near the bottom of the box and have everything else around the box. The styrofoam made sure the zords were secure in place and won't move around but I can understand why they switch to plastic.

Way too early. Try in a few weeks.

So how much crappier is the Samurai Megazord compared to Shinken-Oh?.

Shinken Oh:

[HIDE]
DX+Samurai+Gattai+Shinken-Oh+_front+profile_.JPG
[/HIDE]

Samurai Megazord:

[HIDE]
r6zf2r.png
[/HIDE]

Shinken Oh has better molds, the plastic on Samurai Megazord's arms lack the quality of plastic used on Shinken Oh's, Shinken Oh is bigger and has diecast horns while Samurai's has more of a shiny plastic look on the horns, also Shinken Oh costs more.

Some kind of Beast mode
Yea, I also liked how it has the Saban Brands logo on the back of the box which it should, wish they used the "Saban's" PRS logo instead of the initial one for the packaging but they'll probably change it to that by the time PRS premieres.

I am however getting kind of tired of the plastic window packaging for the megazords, I liked it back then when they had a box that had a shot of the megazord with the box art with all 5 rangers posing above the megazord name near the bottom of the box and have everything else around the box. The styrofoam made sure the zords were secure in place and won't move around but I can understand why they switch to plastic.

I agree. Windows are lame, they take away style and leave the mecha "vulnerable". The styrofoam back in the day made the mech legit. lol I don't like how the mech is already assembled for you as well...that's what's fun. Plus since they removed thee fun features of the indivual zords from the sentai eqyual in the past years, once you open the box and take it apart they're boring! Then you have to put it together again...but you already got it together..so the fun factor is over..then you throw the zord outside your window because you are that pissed off! Then when you go outside to get it, you see it's broken and you can't take it back! :mad::shakefist

:O_O:...but uh yea..why do you think they switched to plastic, because of cost? Man, is the economy that bad? lol

I agree. Windows are lame, they take away style and leave the mecha "vulnerable". The styrofoam back in the day made the mech legit. lol I don't like how the mech is already assembled for you as well...that's what's fun. Plus since they removed thee fun features of the indivual zords from the sentai eqyual in the past years, once you open the box and take it apart they're boring! Then you have to put it together again...but you already got it together..so the fun factor is over..then you throw the zord outside your window because you are that pissed off! Then when you go outside to get it, you see it's broken and you can't take it back! :mad::shakefist

:O_O:...but uh yea..why do you think they switched to plastic, because of cost? Man, is the economy that bad? lol

Because styrofoam production weakens the ozone layer, plus it probably saves them some money using plastic, I agree 100%, back in the day when I got my Mega Voyager I was so happy, I remember taking the non-combined zords out of the box and out of the styrofoam and then placing the stickers on the zords before I started combining them, didn't really need the instruction booklet either cause I knew how to combine them from watching PRIS, I remember last year when I bought the revamped Dino Megazord I thought it was stupid how the megazord was already assembled and they gave you a sticker sheet, so you disassemble it just to slap the stickers on and then later assemble it together again but it was nostalgic assembling it since I saw the transformations countless times back in the day.

Some kind of Beast mode
Because styrofoam production weakens the ozone layer, plus it probably saves them some money using plastic, I agree 100%, back in the day when I got my Mega Voyager I was so happy, I remember taking the non-combined zords out of the box and out of the styrofoam and then placing the stickers on the zords before I started combining them, didn't really need the instruction booklet either cause I knew how to combine them from watching PRIS, I remember last year when I bought the revamped Dino Megazord I thought it was stupid how the megazord was already assembled and they gave you a sticker sheet, so you disassemble it just to slap the stickers on and then later assemble it together again but it was nostalgic assembling it since I saw the transformations countless times back in the day.

Haha yea, I was the same way. I didn't need instructions for a majority of my toys I either had the fun of figuring it out (which didn't take long), or (when it came to PR) I just knew by heart.