- Glowing eyes seems to be a Metal Hero trait. Yet why was Blue Beet's eyes always "lit up" while G-Stag, Reddle and Black Beet had eyes that turned on and off?

- Based on the opening credits, was Katagiri originally supposed to be a motorcyclist instead of a naturalist?

- Is the logo that appeared on the survival school's flag in ep. 33 the Jamahl logo?

- Why did the Gaohm Zone stop being used after a while? That seemed like a throwback to the Space Sheriffs.

- Whenever Stagger Tank emerges from the base, its cockpit is facing the direction Beetluder went in. But when it goes down the ramp, it's facing the opposite way. Was this a filming error?

- I understand why Reina Hazuki (Rei) left the show, but couldn't they have come up with something more sensible to explain her departure? She leaves right before the end of the Black Beet debut arc, and it's written off as "going to to do research in South America"? On a whim? Who the heck does that at a time like that?

Her last episode was the one where Kamazakiller laid eggs in people and caused them bodily harm. They could have written Rei out as being put "out of commission" from the ordeal and having to be discharged, or something. As long as it's not just gallivanting off to another country while the world is still in peril.

Also, does she ever make an appearance in BF Kabuto?

- Why did Keisuke Tsuchiya only start playing Shadow from ep. 43 onward? If it was just to conceal his identity, couldn't they have just dubbed over the voice (which they did anyway even after his face was revealed) instead of having Jiro Okamoto and Seiji Taikawa fill in?

- Why was Shadow almost always in the Black Beet suit even when not fighting?

- Why was Takuya the only one who used the Beet Ingram? Kabuto said only a hero could use it. Is that implying Daisaku and Mai aren't heroic enough?

- Why did Mukai leave Sayuri?

- Why did Schwartz start having two voices halfway into the show?

- What did Schwartz say in reference to Saint Papillia and Gaohm's plan in ep. 41? That robots were immortal?

- Why did Takuya try to quit after seeing Papillia?

- Why did Papillia say that Shadow had to kill Takuya in order to gain her eternal life? I thought if Takuya injured Shadow and vice versa, the other would feel it as well. So following that, wouldn't Shadow killing Takuya mean Shadow's death as well?

- What did Shadow say to Takuya before he died?

- In ep. 48, what was Schwartz trying to do with the people he kidnapped?

- Did Gaohm tell Hidra that Jera was a traitor?

- Up until the finale, Jera's alter ego is played by Yuko Ito. Jera even has Yuko's hair. But then right before she dies they show a white woman beneath the mask. What was the point of that?

- Does Papillia ever appear or get mentioned again in Kabuto?

- Was the show supposed to end at 51? From the way that episode ends it seems like everything was resolved. Was Toei given two extra episodes to work with and decided to do a team-up with Janperson, Gun Gibson and the Blue SWAT trio? I think it could have worked as its own movie instead of a two-parter.

- Why did Jagul come back at all?

- Is BillGoldy's "I'll be back!" supposed to be a reference to Arnold Schwartzenagger?

- Did Soji Masaki (Shou/Blue SWAT) play Kamiya Gou/Sazer Tragos in Gransazer?

- Has the actress who plays the schoolgirl in the team-up appeared anywhere else? She looks familiar.

- Have Reina Hazuki, Chigusa Tomoe (Mai) or Hidra's actress appeared in anything else before or since B-Fighter?

- Who plays Drago in the movie? And what was Drago supposed to be?

- When exactly does the movie take place? It's obviously before ep. 18 as Gaohm is still in his first form, but the heroes don't look surprised at seeing Gaohm. Whereas in ep. 18 they are.

Last edited:
- This, I'm not sure about.

- This, I'm also not sure about.

- This I'm not sure about either (Sorry, three in a row :sweat: ). I don't remember seeing that logo anywhere else. Let alone any logo that would represent Jamahl.

- I agree. The Gaohm Zone definitely had to be a homage to the Space Sheriffs. Could pretty much say that B-Fighter is a Space Sheriff style show with nature and magic elements mixed into it. Why they stopped using it, I'm not sure. But I noticed that it pretty much stopped after Gaohm got his second form.

- I'm not sure about this one.

- This, I never understood myself. And it's an answer that I would like to know as well.

- When I first saw the ep, I thought that might've been the reason for her departure. Ah well.

- No, she never appears in Kabuto. So she's been spared. :loltongue:

- *shrugs* :/

- I assume to keep his identity concealed for the most part.

- It's another one of these questions that really can't be answered. :disappoin

- Sayuri left because no one would believe in her research.

- That was a result of Schwartz's power-up.

- Not sure which scene this is.

- Because Takuya began to think that he was the same as Black Beet. A person who had no right to fight as a hero. Saint Papilia questions his reason for fighting. So feeling conflicted, Takuya leaves.

- I don't remember Papilia saying that.

- Shadow tells Takuya that he will disappear.

- Schwartz was gonna turn them into machines. He describes it by squeezing all the oil inside of everyone's bodies. Ewww.

- Nope, Hidra already knew that.

- Not sure. Maybe just to play around with some special effects. Was kinda neat if you ask me.

- I don't remember Papilia ever being mentioned in Kabuto. Though she isn't important in that season.

- I think it would've been better as a movie as well. But I remember B-Fighter being quite popular when it was airing, that I think Toei just wanted to give a very special treat to the fans at the end of the season.

- I have no idea why Jagul came back. :p

- *shrugs*

- Yup

- Not sure.

- Not that I'm aware of.

- Sorry, I didn't watch the movie. :sweat:

:)

- This, I never understood myself. And it's an answer that I would like to know as well.

- When I first saw the ep, I thought that might've been the reason for her departure. Ah well.

- No, she never appears in Kabuto. So she's been spared. :loltongue:

I'm now almost through with Kabuto, and I don't really see why it gets put down. It's more or less the same as B-Fighter in tone and style, though probably with a less charismatic main cast. The two big things I do like are that it ties into the first B-Fighter more than I expected it would, and that the second half of the show is essentially one long arc. Even Dairanger had fillers sprinkled in between its frequent arcs. Kabuto deals with them all in the first half.

They could have used Rei for the first episode instead of Takuya at the very least. Acknowledge that the character still exists.

- I assume to keep his identity concealed for the most part.

Dubbing could have solved that, which as I pointed out they were using anyway. So I don't see the point in Keisuke's late arrival.

- Sayuri left because no one would believe in her research.

Was she researching those fruit trees?

- Not sure which scene this is.

It's the first time Macho #5 fights, I believe.

- Because Takuya began to think that he was the same as Black Beet. A person who had no right to fight as a hero. Saint Papilia questions his reason for fighting. So feeling conflicted, Takuya leaves.

You're saying Takuya fought Shadow out of compulsion from him being his clone? But he just discovered that an episode ago.

- I don't remember Papilia saying that.

I was only guessing what she said. But it's the scene where Shadow first catches her in his black ball.

- Shadow tells Takuya that he will disappear.

That's it?

- Not sure. Maybe just to play around with some special effects. Was kinda neat if you ask me.

They gave the impression that Jera's face was Yuko's all this time, and then that happened. Why not just use that other woman for the alter ego?

- I don't remember Papilia ever being mentioned in Kabuto. Though she isn't important in that season.

She appears briefly in one episode (not in real time though). Expect more on this in my BF Kabuto questionnaire :p

D

Dr Kain

I haven't seen B-Fighter, but I thought Kabuto was excellent. Sure, it has some down time, but most 50 episode series do. Not to mention it is badass to see the english voice actor for Dante from Devil May Cry play one of the characters. Oh, and Raijel is my favorite character in the series.

^ A friend of mine actually has an autograph from Reuben Langdon that he once got at an Anime Boston convention. By the way, you can find B-Fighter episodes here.
http://www.freeforum101.com/raws/viewtopic.php?t=491&mforum=raws

Now on with the Kabuto questions:

- Why does everyone call Guru "elder" now (even the first generation B-Fighters) when in JBF everyone referred to him by his name?

How did Guru age so fast in 10 years anyway? Certainly he was old in B-Fighter.

- Does Kabuto take place 10 years after JBF or 5? I keep hearing "Go nen mai" here and there in reference to the past.

- Why did none of the Metal Heroes or "Metal Villains" other than Killmantis have glowing eyes??

- In ep. 7, what was Kazuma's grudge against Kengo?

- In ep. 11, what was Erika's relation to Kengo?

- What was the relation between the Jamahl, St. Papilia, the Insect Medals and the Shell Gods (Kabuterios and Kuwaga Titan)? Why did one of the warriors in the flashback scene in eps 25-27 have the Beet Ingram?

- Do the Insect Medals power the Insect Commanders and B-Crushers? If so how do both sides survive without having them with them?

- Why does the Astral Saber use all the Insect Medals, while the Geist Axe uses none?

- Why was Kuwaga Titan separated from Kabuterios, and what were they doing together? Why was the Astral Saber found petrified in an Earth cave while the Geist Axe was floating around in space for anyone to find?

- How did Mother birth Misty Horn, Zadan and Dargriffon live rather than laying eggs?

- If they were going to use a Japanese actor (in this case Seiji Takaiwa) to play a South American character, wouldn't Brazil have been a more logical choice than Peru, as there are Japanese in that country? Brazil's a much large and more prominent country anyway. You might not even have to give him a Spanish or Portuguese last name.

- In ep. 41, why did Dezzle give both Raija and Descorpion shackles to use on Kouhei?

- In ep. 48, how did Killmantis and Beezak get the "rain bombs" inside them when they hadn't been showered by it? And while we're on the topic, why didn't Takuya, Daisaku and Mai appear after 47? They had been showered too yet we never see them again. All the focus goes to Yui and whether or not she will die.

- Why did the B-Commanders disappear when Guru died, but the Command Voicers remained? Why did they then leave with the Shell Gods in the finale?

- In ep. 42, why did Mother bring everyone to the Moon?

- In ep. 22, what was the backstory with Ran? She seemed to have come from some high-class family or one that owned a hotel. Why did she leave home?

- In ep. 14, how did Haruka (Kouhei's old teacher) lose her voice?

- Why did Miora and Dord disappear for several episodes after Raija's and Dezzle's revival?

- Aren't all the Melzard members Mother's children? She never seems to refer to Miora and Dord as such, only to Raija, Dezzle and the B-Crushers.

- Wikipedia says that Kaneto Shiozawa (who also voiced Gingaman's Biznella) voiced Dezzle, but that Yoshimasa Chida was the suit actor. Is that true, Kaneto never appeared in the Dezzle costumes? The actor is moving his mouth whenever he speaks; did they dub Kaneto's voice over the footage? Why not just have him be in the suit?

- Why was a separate voice actor used for Yanma's scenes?

- How did Osanai escape the Beetle Base?

- What was the weapon Takuya and Co. were working on in ep. 47?

- Have any of the cast (besides Langdon and obviously Takaiwa) appeared in anything before or since Kabuto?

- Is Dord a puppet or a guy in a costume?

- In ep. 32, how did Sophie's Insect Commander just fly to her along with the Butterfly Medal?

- Do the New B-Fighters' weapons come with cards like Ageha's Bloom Cannon?

- Why didn't Ran ever use the Input Rifle?

- No reference to Rei??

Last edited: