Yes! Phoo Action! I wish it got picked up. I don't see why he dropped it at the last second :(

This is for jfreedan and anyone else who thinks they want to make films but may not know how to really make good quality work (or if they're delusional, in jfreedan's case).

http://vimeo.com/videoschool

Lots of great information there. Consider this a show of my support of indie American tokusatsu.

This is for jfreedan and anyone else who thinks they want to make films but may not know how to really make good quality work (or if they're delusional, in jfreedan's case).

http://vimeo.com/videoschool

Lots of great information there. Consider this a show of my support of indie American tokusatsu.

Just keep running your mouth. It'll catch up to you once GKaiser comes out.

Btw- Next time you want to link to tutorials you might want to link to people who are knowledgeable enough about the task they are trying to teach.

http://vimeo.com/videoschool/lesson/2/capturing-good-sound

This tutorial is excellent if you don't want to record decent audio. The creator didn't even bother to correct the levels and de-hiss the audio. Then a minute into the video all audio goes away and is replaced by subtitles describing action that isn't seen onscreen and has nothing to do with the video as someone sits in the background playing with their hands.

He also recommends using the built in microphone of a consumer model camera--the ones that have auto gain control which prevents you from recording half-way decent audio and is a major pain to fix in post and will never be perfect.

Also if you think picking and choosing shots from my game reviews and comparing them to your videos actually proves something, you're the one who is delusional.

The fact of the matter is your videos are boring, contain horrid audio (seriously you tried to record audio in a bar during normal operation hours) and demonstrate little to no knowledge of the technical side of film-making.

At least I bother to try to light my game reviews with a flood shop light and color correct them in post. You obviously don't even care.

In comparison to you I have a Youtube Partner account with an ever-growing fanbase. I make lots of no-budget videos that make me about $60 a month and are spread almost entirely by word of mouth from the fans. The video series has a very niche appeal but some of the videos have been spotlight'ed by Screwattack several times.

And even before then my writing was spot-lighted by Tokyopop's website several years ago-- among the writing was the original webcomic for GKaiser. Unlike you I have proven I can make stories that, although the audiences are niche, people do enjoy. And I'm getting better every day.

The only videos of mine with audio and video gain nearly as bad as yours are my documentaries. You were making narratives where you should have control over the environment you are filming in. And even in my docs I had the better mind to do a lot of post to improve the audio and video levels. One of those docs also streams on Crunchyroll who I also possess a Publisher account with.

I don't see where you get off believing you have anything over me just because you produced a couple pretty looking stills shot with a DSLR. None of that matters if the audio is garbage and the story is boring. Not to say you can't but you've yet to release anything that proves you can. If you believe your publicly available videos are better put together than mine I think you need to find new sources of film production tutorials, books, classes or whatever you did to learn the craft. At least I acknowledge many of my solo projects have technical problems and have taken steps to improve.

Film-making is not photography. There is more to it than taking pictures that obey the rule of thirds and golden ratio to the letter. That helps improve the aesthetics but it's not the most important thing for a film to have. A film is ultimately a story. People need to be able to see and hear a story that is properly structured so it is entertaining.

Feature film-making is also a collaborative art. I'm not doing everything myself for GKaiser. I'm directing, writing and producing. Those are my strengths. I believe I have a great deal of knowledgeable about all aspects of film production but I'm not foolish enough to think I'm an expert at every specific area. I have a crew. We pools our strengths together.

For the record the Evil Ronald video has 2,144 Likes and 638 Dislikes. It has been viewed over a half a million times more than all the videos you've ever made in your entire life. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. The little girl was unintentionally scared and a lot of people find that funny. The father decided that, rather than reassure his little girl that everything was fine, to pick a fight with a total stranger. I left as soon as I was asked to leave and never once tried to scare anyone. You're seeing context in it that isn't there.

But hey, keep running your mouth. It honestly doesn't matter what you end up producing. It's about what I end up producing, Mr. "I'll eat my hat".

I'm the one who has control over whether you will be proven wrong, not you. You have no control over the outcome at all. I would not make claims about what others will or won't do if I were you, especially when you know little about what is going on behind the scenes.

So far we are at $375 out of $1,000. If others would like to be part of this but would like more information I have been updating a blog since the project launched. This blog will track the entire production of the pilot episode and hopefully the rest of the series.

http://deathfistninjagkaiser.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Banned
Just keep running your mouth. It'll catch up to you once GKaiser comes out.

You know.... I've seen you do nothing but run your mouth and be a dick to people trying to help you do better. I support them, I do not support you. You give these other guys a bad name when making indy stuff.

I think you might be my new favorite internet person of the year!

No seriously. It's a right reserved for people I didn't think could possibly exist in reality. Congratulations!

A thread that started with constructive criticism about what you should do next, turned into you blowing fire at everyone who attempted to help you. =)

Best. Person. Evar.

You've also managed to provide a happy dose of entertainment to me and some of my film friends here. <3

You know.... I've seen you do nothing but run your mouth and be a dick to people trying to help you do better. I support them, I do not support you. You give these other guys a bad name when making indy stuff.

Give me a break.

Daikamonohashi, planetxleader, and Birdie Num Nums "advice" was that I don't need to raise any funds because they are made poor quality films without any money.

Yeah, I can make poor quality films without any money, too. That's not what I'm trying to do here.

They associated a request for money with a mentality that I was not being creative. That's actually a pretty insulting thing to insinuate yet they continued to say it several times.

I tried to be as nice as I could be and point out the very legitimate reasons why money was needed to fully reach the creative vision.

They countered that, again, I wasn't being creative.

Planetxleader kept pointing to Dai's work as an example of what I could do without any money. He remains oblivious to the fact Dai's work is not what I'm trying to achieve and is actually not that great.

Repeatedly, to paraphrase him, Daikamonohashi said to not make the show because it will end up sucking.

A lot of the "Advice", such as that from DanteCWB, came without him actually reading all the posts, else he wouldn't have felt the need to point out I'm perfectly aware sound design in some of my shorts is bad and I was trying to get better equipment. He also started talking about blood squibs for some reason and lectured me on how expensive union martial art stuntwork is which demonstrated he had little knowledge of what I was actually trying to do here.

ryuuseipro then posted some Youtube videos of no-budget fanfilms with the intent to say, "This is what you're gonna make".

Even after I stopped arguing with everyone Daikamonohashi continued to mock me in this thread and several other threads that have nothing to do with me as well.

More people came who admitted they were associated with Dai and had very few post counts, if any. Same deal.

Someone chimed in they worked for several months to afford to make a high quality Kamen Rider costume-- totally ignoring that I actually need to make several costumes because this is, you know, a film not a cosplay. And I have more than just costumes that have to be constructed. I have equipment that also needs purchasing or renting.

Basically the "advice" isn't advice at all. Advice is helpful. Advice isn't Dai taking the attitude of He didn't give up on making the film when I told him to so I'm gonna tell him to give up again, this time with feeling!.

Call me a dick? Fine, I'm being a dick now. But I wasn't the first one to be a dick.

I think you might be my new favorite internet person of the year!

No seriously. It's a right reserved for people I didn't think could possibly exist in reality. Congratulations!

A thread that started with constructive criticism about what you should do next, turned into you blowing fire at everyone who attempted to help you. =)

Best. Person. Evar.

You've also managed to provide a happy dose of entertainment to me and some of my film friends here. <3

Dude, who are you trying to fool? You admitted you came here because Dai asked you to. You're not the only one he clearly asked to come to this thread and help mock me.

Again keep running your mouths. It'll make my success that must sweeter because I'll have this great story to tell people about how I tried to solicit help from this community and instead got mocked, so when the pilot was finished they ended up looking pretty damn stupid.

Last edited:
Haha, I don't recall ever saying Dai asked me to!

More like I saw the link, read the thread, had a good laugh and decided to offer my opinion on why no one here wants to give you money.

And then you continued to do your whole "NA NA NA NA I'M NOT LISTENING" thing.

I swear to god if I didn't know better I'd say you were Darren from the Stunt People Boards, but even he eventually just stopped talking. :)

And just to repeat what you STILL don't seem to have gotten, somehow: no one told you to quit. Ever. At least not for the long term. People just said you should hone your skills more before you tackle this particular project because what you had shown via your channel etc did not scream "I can do a feature length/huge project". You translated it in your own way. Is that your right? Sure! But that's your choice to make.

But whatever dude, like I said it's your choice to make, your film, and whether you accept people's opinions is entirely up to you. Though if you didn't want to hear any of it, the professional, non-confrontational way to do it would have been something along the lines of "Thanks for the kind words, I'll keep these things in mind".

Give me a break.

Daikamonohashi, planetxleader, and Birdie Num Nums "advice" was that I don't need to raise any funds because they are made poor quality films without any money.

:hmm:

All I was saying was that you can do a great deal without needing a whole lot of money. I cited my experience just as an example from personal experience, not to compare the lengths of our dongs. I was able to get pretty much all of the things I needed to pull off a fairly professional shoot by getting the community involved. It's a good place to start.

I should correct my initial post though, since I was quite sleepy when I posted it and got my figures wrong. We worked for 40 hours and shot 12 hours. Out of that I don't really know how much is actual useable footage since we left the cameras rolling a lot of the time. We were recording to solid state media so wasting tape wasn't really an issue. I'm sure, having read your reaction, you'd still consider this to be an absurd shooting ratio for a 20 minute film, everybody's got a different style of directing. I like to have a lot in the can to play with in post.

Yeah, I can make poor quality films without any money, too. That's not what I'm trying to do here.

Considering I'm still editing the stuff I shot I like how you've decided it's poor quality without having seen it simply because I didn't have a budget. Therein lies your problem and I think the main thing everybody's been trying to tell you. Money doesn't make a good film. As I think most of us here agree that the test footage and other videos you put on display as a showcase of your talent as an incentive for potential backers are, frankly, quite amateurish and we were encouraging you to try to make something really good without spending money you don't have that showcases more than just special effects skills but also good, solid filmmaking and storytelling skills. All I've really seen you do is take this advice as a personal attack and continue to whine about how you can't make anything without X number of thousands of dollars, which, to me, is rather silly.