Good monsters.
009966.jpg

this. heroes don't kill, they protect. if they go as far as to killing a good monster then they're no different from the monsters harming the innocent.
as far as I'm concerned, those eps where Pink stands up for a good monster rather than "ZOMG HE'S A MONSTER. HE SHOULD BE KILLED TOO!" is what I call wisdom rather than "weak and stupid". in fact you know what? I think the ones who are stupid are her teammates because they actually want to kill an obviously innocent monster? wow, that's mature. :redface2:

Exactly, there are some cases where the situation isn't so black & white. It's more of a greyish spot. Like in Faiz, not all the Orphenochs are pure evil. Some are afraid of what they've become and are just lashing out. If a monster shows no ill will towards humans, there's no reason to destroy it.

It's over 8,000!
Well recently in an episode of Goseiger (recent to me atleast) there was an episode where Eri refused to destroy a monster because it was "good". Though I think it brings up a point like "Don't judge a book by it's cover" or some other thing, they don't really mention this situation in later episodes, in any Sentai I seen. I can't really take the lesson to heart, just because they go back to killing the monsters next episode.

I remember in a bizzare Liveman, when Junichi (Green Sai) gives birth to a monster baby and wants to raise it right, until it's destroyed.

Turboranger had a Sumo monster who only wanted to fine a good opponent, with no intention of attacking innocent people.

Dryer Jingen from Jetman turns out to be a nice guy, and then when he tries to prove himself evil, he ends up giving a couple of girls a perm...

Now that I look at it the "good monster" episodes seem to be a bit weird :sweat:But hey, it's Sentai.

There are many more "good monster" episodes in Ultra Series. :thumbs:

Those are good.

Don't forget Pigmon from Ultraman!

Skydon too, sort of. Not good, just not bad either. All he wanted to do was sleep. But the Science Patrol attacked him anyhow.

Then there's Daigoro from that Wonderful Daigoro vs Golius movie!

Yeah.

If you guys are including Kamen Rider, then I definitely think Nazca fits the bill, because he does go good for awhile.

I don't see how a bad human trying to undo the bad is a "good monster."

Exactly, there are some cases where the situation isn't so black & white. It's more of a greyish spot. Like in Faiz, not all the Orphenochs are pure evil. Some are afraid of what they've become and are just lashing out. If a monster shows no ill will towards humans, there's no reason to destroy it.

The thing about 555 is that Orphenochs were still human. Their desires were still their own but they became murders because it became easier for them with their new powers. The true nature of the Orphenochs was the true nature of the humans.

Kamen Rider Blade have even one of its protagonists (Chalice) who not only is a monster, but is the worst of all if not kept at bay (Joker).
How to deal with Hajime (Chalice), because even if he is a very dangerous undead, deep down he a good guy is a central plot point in Blade.

二番目の翻訳者
this. heroes don't kill, they protect. if they go as far as to killing a good monster then they're no different from the monsters harming the innocent.
as far as I'm concerned, those eps where Pink stands up for a good monster rather than "ZOMG HE'S A MONSTER. HE SHOULD BE KILLED TOO!" is what I call wisdom rather than "weak and stupid". in fact you know what? I think the ones who are stupid are her teammates because they actually want to kill an obviously innocent monster? wow, that's mature. :redface2:

In the case of the Goseiger ep, as I recall, the others didn't even especially want to kill it. They knew as well as she did that he was unarmed and innocent and they all did the best they could to save him.

Without citing anything specific, it's acceptable and encouraged in the context of children's entertainment program for a 'wise' hero to properly empathize with a misunderstood monster, because the situation will work out in the end and the heroes will always do the right thing.

Now personally, if a grain of reality was installed, I'd see the chances of heroes going out of their way to let a monster run about so they can test whether it was good or not would be much rarer. If a monster comes from the same genocidal, city-destroying breed as the dozen others I've been fighting, I'd be justified in having a very strong prejudice against it without some damn convincing evidence to the contrary. Absolute moral certainty do not come before the lives of my teammates and the innocent people I protect.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
What if it was Blue? Or Black? Or Green or Yellow or Red? Or is it only when it's Pink that it counts as being stupid?

It's stupid no matter which character it is, but because it's stupid, the role usually goes to the token female

It's over 8,000!
It's stupid no matter which character it is, but because it's stupid, the role usually goes to the token female

I'm sorry, but your posts sometimes make me laugh. All of a sudden, you're pretending to be a feminist, and the next, you're bashing women.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I'm sorry, but your posts sometimes make me laugh. All of a sudden, you're pretending to be a feminist, and the next, you're bashing women.

I'm not bashing anyone. I'm saying the "token female" character usually gets the crappy bits - in this case, being reduced to a whimpering emotional wreck and insisting the team save an enemy