DSP

Lurker
oh I was pertaining to the different universe thing, but yeah maybe because it failed as a project it was best to move on, but considering the level of fanservice in that film I now wished that nexus would have been used, I mean dimensional travel isn't so farfetched for a show like ultraman right?

Oh, the staff LOVEs Nexus as well.
They've tried all they can to bring back actors and actresses from the show to the later series.

Ultra Galaxy has Mephisto to be a crew member, Riko as a villain general, yesss! VILLAIN! and Zagi as the general's follower.
Ultra Galaxy got Mizuo to be the villain.
UltramanZeroTheMovie has Nagi and the captain to be the parents of Zero's human form!
And there's whole lot of features from Nexus in the film.The score is done by the guy who did Nexus.
Thanks to the director also writer of the film, who has been the main diector of Nexus.

Last edited:
Mad Skillz
The head of TLT was a mayor for the city the first Mebius movie took place in as well.

I LOVED Nexus! I think one of the biggest draw is the first deunamist. I really enjoyed the fact that he grew weaker each episode as it made for great drama and tension.

The whole Faust and Mephisto arc was pretty solid too. It was really grim and dark.

I adore this show (especially the score by Kenji Kawai!), but I haven't gotten through it all yet. I've seen the first 6 episodes plus bits and pieces from all around, but it's a show that has a very slow build up and it doesn't hold my attention even though I think it's absolutely SUPERB. Maybe I'll try to get through it on winter break.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
it's only a shame that it spoiled the Next for me as I didn't realise it was connected and at some points made me feel like I was missing something.

You'll probably be ok, actually. While Nexus takes place after it and can be considered a sequel, the two stories are only tangentially related to each other. There might be things you were spoiled about, but they are mostly things that the average viewer could have figured out for themselves without too much trouble.

Oh, the staff LOVEs Nexus as well.
They've tried all they can to bring back actors and actresses from the show to the later series.

Ultra Galaxy has Mephisto to be a crew member, Riko as a villain general, yesss! VILLAIN! and Zagi as the general's follower.
Ultra Galaxy got Mizuo to be the villain.
UltramanZeroTheMovie has Nagi and the captain to be the parents of Zero's human form!
And there's whole lot of features from Nexus in the film.The score is done by the guy who did Nexus.
Thanks to the director also writer of the film, who has been the main diector of Nexus.

I love cameos. :thumbs:

Eye See You
Well the thing with that was that the Ultraman characters in there were characters who came from M78, like Neos and Max come from M78, albeit alternate versions of the original timeline, but that's about as close to reason for it as I can think. Tsuburaya's not one to shun their own creations.

Exacally. I think you should teach some of these members about the 2 different timeline/eras of Ultraman. I remember when I got heavy into Ultra I was confused about it and then you pm'ed me and cleared **** up for me.

Eye See You
Yeah I know the universes but alot of other members don't and get confused.

I make it easy on myself and split it into 3 categories:

1) M87 Universe (Ultra-80, Mebius, Ultra Galaxy)
2) TDG Universe (Tiga, Dyna, Gaia) *some fans just add these to the bottom list but that Tiga, Dyna, Gaia link is there from Odyssey and the team up movie
3) Seperate Universes (Nexus, Max, Neos, Zearth, etc.)