Power Rangers Samurai - News Thread! (Premiers February 7th @ 8pm/7pm central!)

I don't mind when PR copies Sentai, although I do prefer a more original story for PR. When PR copies Sentai, sometimes it feels like I'm watching Sentai with a different cast and a few changes here and there.

People get upset over that because they want to watch Power Rangers, not Sentai. It makes the writers and producers look lazy.

I stopped watching a few seasons just because it felt like a rerun of the Sentai but with different actors . While the core Sentai stories are great and all, Power Rangers should blaze its own path much like how MMPR-Lost Galaxy did ( and a few Disney ones ) and just use the mechs and suits as the forefront , not as a crutch to lean on.

The best seasons evoked creativity in their diversion from the Sentai source by using the stock footage to their utmost advantage by their appearance. Later series have bucked it often for convenience but some could not avoid it like SPD , Time/Wild Force, or Mystic Force. However that is not the excuse to hover over the stories unless they fit fully into the season's overall American re-conception but blazing your own path and respecting the source makes it great. RPM was the best example so far of that in recent years .

SPD is one of my faves simply due to the fact it felt like an upgrade over the former original in many aspects for a while ,even Dino Thunder and Ninja Storm were of essence great seasons which if dashed with the early ones hold up . Taking the best elements from the sentai is good and keep things fresh while dashing in originality in the most part.

I want a semi decent blend of both worlds basically at least.

Twitter - @MisturYellow
I don't mind when PR copies Sentai, although I do prefer a more original story for PR. When PR copies Sentai, sometimes it feels like I'm watching Sentai with a different cast and a few changes here and there.
People get upset over that because they want to watch Power Rangers, not Sentai. It makes the writers and producers look lazy.

If you don't want to see similar things in Power Rangers, don't watch the Sentai first. My two cents.

Not to attack anyone, but give a reason other then "but they should" why Power Rangers needs to have it's own story. Sure it's interesting when they do and great, but they shouldn't attack the show when it's a lot like it's counterpart.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
I thought Mac's revelation as an android was one redeeming quality, actually. I despise OO and it's the only season I really can't watch. But I remember being genuinely surprised by Mac being an android and thought it was acted very well. It brought me back into the series, if only to see how they would play it out.

I totally called that there was something different about Mack in the second episode. :laugh:

But finding out what it was, well, I agree that it was one of the only things that OO did right. Though his angst about it afterward seemed to take forever, even though it was only one episode.

It's not like they copied everything. I mean..

- Titan/Matoombo didn't get killed/"sacrificed" for N Ma (I forget his MF name(the Master?))
- MF Blue & Daggeron didn't get married near the end.
- Snowgel was made into a man.
- I think they changed the punishment for when they adapted Tsubasa using the dark magic, the thing with the portal in his tummy.
- Magitopia was barely mentioned iirc.
- Lunagel was made into Vancuria/Necrolai's daughter/Nai and Mare were removed.
- Necrolai was turned into a human at the end.
- Nick didn't go to Infershia at the end.
- Toad/Hekkotai didn't switch Red and Pink's bodies

Actually, Lunagel was changed into Clare when she was the Gatekeeper. Which happened all of once, I think.

#MissionMiami

Because kids are going to compare the writing and producing from Sentai to Power Rangers right? People don't think.

Some kind of Beast mode
Because kids are going to compare the writing and producing from Sentai to Power Rangers right? People don't think.

Seriously. Plus it's not lazy if you know how to work with it.

Also I maybe missing something...but ummm...I could of sworn what we get from Sentai is what makes us love PR. It's not the whole reason, but it's a major part. Look at MM, everybody loves that ish, and I know it's not because the rangers were picking up trash in the park..that's for damn sure.

Sentai and PR go hand in hand, point blank. I thought that was a given.

Is not impressed right now...
I love how we're using the "b-b-but kids won't realize it!" excuse for this, but not for the toys, where everyone's bitching up and down about how shitty they are, despite the fact that kids won't realize how different they are from the japanese ones.

People don't think indeed.

Some kind of Beast mode
I love how we're using the "b-b-but kids won't realize it!" excuse for this, but not for the toys, where everyone's bitching up and down about how shitty they are, despite the fact that kids won't realize how different they are from the japanese ones.

Negative...it's not about them seeing how different they are from the Japanese ones...it's how different they are from the show. Which in past years have been HUGE differences. Inlcuding this year, and naturally what they do see from the show are the Japanese ones. They just don't know it. Sooo..I'm sure they'll realize.

Twitter - @MisturYellow

Kids can tell the difference between something in the show and something that's not. At least, most kids. That's the problem people have with the toys and recent change of make.

Is not impressed right now...
And do you honesly think kids will give a **** that those toys don't look exactly like they do on the show? They look like powered up forms. Kids LIKE that ****. As much as we give Bandai **** for their subpar quality, they do have SOME idea of what they're doing.