Status
Not open for further replies.
Godai, Shouichi, Shinji, Kenzaki, Hibiki, Tendou and Ryotaro were never shipped with anyone.
Hibiki totally wanted to get with that lady who made the weapons. I can't really remember if there was sexual tension with Godai and whats-her-name.

Agito and Kabuto. Both cooks. Both pedophiles....

二番目の翻訳者
I thought we were supposed to pick up romantic tension between Shouichi and Mana. At least in the early episodes; I was pretty glad when they didn't go that route.

Nice post!!
Godai, Shouichi, Shinji, Kenzaki, Hibiki, Tendou and Ryotaro were never shipped with anyone.

I always got the feeling that Sakurako was Godai's girlfriend and they just never spelled it out. Tendou clearly had romantic tension with... what's her name, Hiyori? Boring artist chick. It never goes anywhere or gets spelled out, but that's true of so much in Kabuto.

Ryotaro I got the feeling was supposed to share romantic tension with Hanako-- to play off the gender role inversion of a super-strong woman and a super-weak man-- but the actress's departure from the series seems to have killed that.

Anyway, some female Rider leads have had things to do without the romance angle being pushed (like Sakurako). I just don't see how Hina in particular is in a position to be interesting or important without being a romantic lead. Her only other hook is "Ankh is using my brother's half-dead body!" and there's not a whole lot they can do with that for now.

But wasn't that his sister in the end?

Not only that, she was actually paired with Kagami, although that ended up never going anywhere in the tv show itself (but they were a full pair in the movie) due to her actress absences in the final stretch of the show, only returning near the ending.

That was actually for the best, IMO. I never liked her actress and her romance with Kagami created the worst scenes in the movie.

Tendou clearly had romantic tension with... what's her name, Hiyori? Boring artist chick. It never goes anywhere or gets spelled out, but that's true of so much in Kabuto.

But they were siblings. Unless that was actually a last-minute decision, which wouldn't be surprising given Kabuto's track record.

Ryotaro I got the feeling was supposed to share romantic tension with Hanako-- to play off the gender role inversion of a super-strong woman and a super-weak man-- but the actress's departure from the series seems to have killed that.

But Hana was Ryotaro's niece, albeit a future version of her. And Hana never really came off as super-strong more than a poor attempt at playing the "strong heroine" type. Almost all those demonstrations of strength were just directed toward the Imajins in mostly comical scenarios.

Eiji keeps calling Ankh's name in Japanese as "Anku".

And Ryotaro always said Momotarosu. It's no different. That and the fact that it was confirmed his name was Ankh in the early promotional material.

Status
Not open for further replies.