Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I find Gotou pretty justified. He quit his job as a police officer to work for the Kougami foundation under the impression that he's helping save humanity. Instead he gets to see a carefree fool do that job and he gets to be his personal delivery boy.

The dude got shafted pretty hard so I can see how he's bitter.

It stinks.
Actually I find Gotou pretty justified. He quit his job as a police officer to work for the Kougami foundation under the impression that he's helping save humanity. Instead he gets to see a carefree fool do that job and he gets to be his personal delivery boy.

The dude got shafted pretty hard so I can see how he's bitter.

^ This. I really don't know how anyone can not understand that.

You know the only real problem with Goto thus far that everyone seems to ignore? The actor is miscast for the role. He's supposed to be this former cop-turned-private soldier, yet he's played by a guy who looks more apt for playing a rookie cop.

It stinks.
As silly as this may sound, maybe he was a rookie cop. But later, lost interest in dealing with crime; so he decided to join the Kougami Foundation because he thought 'saving the world from monsters' would be a huge priority.

HEROW
He's probably the young promising prodigy cop until he decided he can do better by joining Kougami.

Kabuto was arrogant, Decade was arrogant, Goto just kinda has a stick up his ass. I can't really tell yet.

ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
As silly as this may sound, maybe he was a rookie cop. But later, lost interest in dealing with crime; so he decided to join the Kougami Foundation because he thought 'saving the world from monsters' would be a huge priority.
He might have witness something before that's related to the Greeeds and Yummies before he decided to join Kougami Foundation.

It's over 8,000!
He might have witnessed something? That's the major backstory behind many Heisei Riders. They were involved with something before it became a major issue. There was Knight, Faiz, (maybe) Kabuto, Shotaro, Skull, Agito, and a few others.

Nice post!!
You know the only real problem with Goto thus far that everyone seems to ignore? The actor is miscast for the role.

I don't think that with Goto it's a problem with the specific actor. I think that Toei's tendency to cast really young-looking male leads is just at odds with Goto's backstory as stated.

I'm not sure a guy Goto's age would be likely to have any experience as a police officer, let alone enough for him to have grown disenchanted with it so he took up another job with a mysterious paramilitary organization.

It seems to me that Goto should be at least five years older for his backstory to feel plausible. I don't think his character is even as old as Shotaro, who was frequently played off very plausibly as an ingenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.