[Video Game] Pokemon: Best Wishes Talkback (the closest thing to a reboot we're getting)

PARTY HARD
Well, the eps come out on Thursdays, right? Though, I dunno why it takes so long to get the raws for episodes ready.

But hey, Rocket Gang came out with episode 6. =3

PARTY HARD
I actually had trouble watching this episode. The episode was good, but the video...hm, I might be using GX_ST sub's from here on. Rocket Gang's honestly don't do it much for me. But, as a supporter of all types of subs, I will keep advertising for both and posting them in the fansub section.

BTW, is there a way to fix a video that constantly keeps skipping on VLC? It's been doing that to me lately...

Oh, since I finished an episode, it's time for...

Kaji Motomiya's Quickies
Pokemon: Best Wishes 6

Today's Title: Isn't it weird to see some well known characters get re-designed?

For the consideration of others, this quick review will be put into HIDE tags to avoid spoilers.

[hide]Today's revealed Pokemon in the "Best Wishes" opening:
Yanappu
Baoppu
Hiyappu

-The first thing I want to touch is the change of Joys and Jennys, or in Japan, "Junsar's". (Junsar is a play on "junsa", or "police")
You may remember the classic Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys, right? If not, here's a refresher:
Three_Nurse_Joy.png

Jenny_Sugimori.png

(Did anyone see this in the original game art? Like in Yellow?)
In one of the older episodes, I think episode 2 or 3, you first see the newly designed Joy. In this episode, the new design for Junsar makes it debut.
Nurse_Joy_BW.png
Officer_Jenny_BW.png

Joy retains her pink nurse outfit (with a little more pink, I think) while Junsar adopts a beige color rather than the standard blue.
They often have Pokemon working with them in their line of work, such as Joy and Chansey or Blissey, or Growlithes and Arcanines with Junsars. In Best Wishes, while Junsar's Pokemon haven't been revealed, the "Assistant Pokemon" of Isshu is Tabunne.....which still looks ugly to me.

-Satoshi wins his first badge, the Tri Badge at Sanyo City. His trust in Mijumaru allowed him to score his victory over Dent with his well-known "make-it-up-as-you-go" tactic, which I sort of remember in past episodes of Pokemon.
--Mijumaru utilizes the shell on its belly as a hilt for a sword, which is sort of the secret to its abilities outside of being a water type. Its evolved form, Futachimaru, uses two of these that are located on its hips.

-Dent joins Satoshi's group as the third member, the "Brock/Takeshi" of the group. He has displayed his interest in Satoshi's battle tactics and bonds with his Pokemon, which makes your wonder what he will learn during this journey.
--I somehow feel Dent will be the opposite of Brock/Takeshi. While Brock/Takeshi is sort of a big-time flirt, Dent is somewhat of a natural lady killer. He doesn't go to them. They come to him.

-Kibago's evolutions were revealed as well, albeit a dream. Its first evolution form is called "Onondo," and its second evolution form is called "Ononokus".
--Kibago is the CUTEST FUCKING THING in the anime so far! I hope Iris' Kibago doesn't evolve...

-Professor Makomo is Professor Araragi's friend in Pokemon Black and White. In the anime, she is revealed thus far as an involvement with a project for a cleaner energy source using Musharna's Dream Smoke. Munna and Musharna are her Pokemon, and Musharna is Munna's evolved form.
--Yeah, I said Kibago is the cutest fucking thing in the anime so far. Munna so far ties with it. I hated its design at first, but...it's....fucking cute. Also...my favorite Pokemon girl next to Generation IV's Gardenia makes her anime appearance! Though I don't like her as much in the anime...she's just so fucking cute...

-Have you ever noticed that...Team Rocket has been in a succeeding streak lately since they got to Isshu? It feels weird when they don't blast off again...but at the same time, it shows them at a whole different light. I hope the dub handles them properly to reflect their new resolve.

I was actually thinking of adding a "Pokemon Origin" corner, revealing the origin names of some Pokemon like Ononokus and Musharna. But I feel that it's irrelevant. If you guys wanna know some of these new Pokemon name meanings, I don't mind putting them in the next Quickie I post.[/hide]

The new Tendou Souji
BTW, is there a way to fix a video that constantly keeps skipping on VLC? It's been doing that to me lately...

Simple, use something like Media player Classic or such. VLC's awful at handling softsubs.

I hope the dub handles them properly to reflect their new resolve.

That'd be like asking them to use the original eyecatchers/OP song/ etc.

It's over 8,000!
Man, what's taking the subs so long?

Our precious subbers' lives.

Well, the eps come out on Thursdays, right? Though, I dunno why it takes so long to get the raws for episodes ready.

But hey, Rocket Gang came out with episode 6. =3

The raws are quick. It's just that the subbers are busy, but they do move fast. I checked the progress, and it's in timing.

For the lulz.
Musharna stares into souls. Look at those eyes and not try to imagine ominous chanting in the background.

Does anyone else think Jenny's new look seems kind of.......lesbiany? XD

Not that there's anything wrong with that but what up with the hair girl?!