Article

For those not familiar with Rich Johnston he is the premier rumor-monger for the English speaking comics community, so he does have a rather decent track record.

It's over 8,000!
You know me; I can't trust a poorly written article.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/10/25/the-return-of-dragon-ball/ said:
Crank up the Bleeding Cool servers folks. This morning we received word that Shueisha Publishing Company of Tokyo has convinced legendary manga creator Akira Toriyama to come back and restart the Dragon Ball comics franchise.

Dragon Ball (also known as Dragon Ball Z) is one of the most lucrative comic book franchises in the world. Initially serialised from 19984 to 1995 in Shonen Jump, it has spun off successful animated TV series and films. It has sold well over 150 million copies of the collected volumes. But since then, the creator has only returned to the well for comics once, for a one-off crossover with One Piece. His other works have been shorter, more personal pieces, though he has continues to oversee new animations, and his studio are working on a Dragon Ball Online MMORG for release soon.

And it’s in that environment that Akira Toriyama has been persuaed to return to creating new chapters. Partly to help promote the game, partly to earn the boat load of cash he has been promised.

Something that will make this event even more spectacular is a simultaneous fully translated worldwide launch of the new book.

The manga industry needs a boost right now. Can you think or any better way?

Lurker
Less dilligent writing and editing is all the rage right now, I've got whole wrestling magazines with errors like that in it.

It's over 8,000!
I guess language is not a priority in writing articles anymore. :disappoin

You know me; I can't trust a poorly written article.
The guy is a rumor-monger he makes his name by having the story up before anyone else, you don't go to him for well written articles. Rumor-mongering is a not bastion of journalist standards.

Edit: I just noticed my own spelling error in the title, I swore I typed Dragon.

Last edited:
It's over 8,000!
I guess that's okay, but I'm just saying that someone who constantly writes should do better.

It's over 8,000!
I will become a bitter old man if I live long enough.

We'll see if this rumor is true soon.

Pffft. Not happening. I don't think he would ever say it, but I'm fairly certain Toriyama hates Dragon Ball. Poor guy tried to end the series numerous times, and do something different with the characters for years, but fans (and editors) refused to allow it.

I can see him coming back, but the amount of money he would be paid would have to rival several of the biggest artists' in Western comics salaries combined.

like a SPINNING WHEEL
Toriyama wanted to end Dragonball so many times before it ended...why on earth would he start it up again? o_o

And if he does, Isn't Goku dead? /barely remembers Buu Saga.