Status
Not open for further replies.
私の占いは当たる
Hm, most of the ones I see are pretty positive. Several "now playing" are the theme song. A lot are linking to their blog entries about it. There are also several about the toys, one person linked a picture of their kid with the belt. I only see one with Den-O, and it's comparing their poses.

Den-O did its job for more people than most other Heisei Rider shows.

No, it didn't. The ratings were lower than every other Heisei Rider series up to that point, so it didn't attract more people. It sent people away. What it did manage to do was to attract people who actually bought varied merchandising, like CDs and random Imagin products, allowing it to become a commercial success.

The movies grossed the most, and even now, people are still buying Den-O things.

Only the first movie had a significantly bigger box office than average for Heisei Rider movies, and it had the advantage of two tv episodes made just to promote it. However, even so, the box office of that first movie has already been surpassed by Double's and Decade's movies.

No, it didn't. The ratings were lower than every other Heisei Rider series up to that point, so it didn't attract more people. It sent people away. What it did manage to do was to attract people who actually bought varied merchandising, like CDs and random Imagin products, allowing it to become a commercial success.
I don't get how that works....

I feel like Den-O was a series that separated the children fans and the older fans(with some exceptions). The older fans being the ones going "I don't want this humor in my children show!" The children fans will just watch what evers on and buy what the T.V. tells them too.

Because liking laughter makes people stupid kiddie sheep, naturally.
Basically, there was a lot of ppl who didn't like it, but the ppl who did like it bought a lot of stuff.

Wait then why would they keep going with Den-O? Niches only shrink.

The general consensus is that Den-O keeps going because it's stupid popular in its home country. (and btw, people ARE still buying Den-O things because they're still being released. That's how these work. If something becomes unprofitable, you don't keep making it nonstop. Unless we're talking video games, for some reason.) If you're going to make with the revisionist history, you're gonna need some numbers.

Ankh's hair is simply FABULOUS
Wait then why would they keep going with Den-O? Niches only shrink.

The general consensus is that Den-O keeps going because it's stupid popular in its home country. (and btw, people ARE still buying Den-O things because they're still being released. That's how these work. If something becomes unprofitable, you don't keep making it nonstop. Unless we're talking video games, for some reason.) If you're going to make with the revisionist history, you're gonna need some numbers.

I'm not exactly sure either, but I think that's how it works. Guess you're gonna have to ask a person that actually knows :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.