Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but when a show's media last for 3 years, defying the standards set for most of its peers, something has to have gone right. besides that, Den-O is Den-O, W is W.

The Imajins and music sales were what made Den-O popular. The actual ratings and toy sales were no better or worse than the shows before it. Again, simply because it made lots of money for Toei doesn't mean it's such a quality product. Did any of the movies further the story or characters, or just milk the Taros for yet more cash? Again, just look at all the subpar TV shows and movies out there that are popular. I think you're letting your bias toward Den-O obscure your view of any legitimate issues the show may have.

That reminds me, I didn't see you that much in the W thread.

I haven't watched W since Fang Joker's debut. I'm planning to marathon it once everything is released.

Did TV-N or W-Time release the first movie?

Raxbait: Hip
Whoa, I ended up liking that much more then I thought. Looks Like I'll be giving Kobayashi another chance.

Ore, Sanjou!
The Imajins and music sales were what made Den-O popular. The actual ratings and toy sales were no better or worse than the shows before it. Again, simply because it made lots of money for Toei doesn't mean it's such a quality product. Did any of the movies further the story or characters, or just milk the Taros for yet more cash? Again, just look at all the subpar TV shows and movies out there that are popular. I think you're letting your bias toward Den-O obscure your view of any legitimate issues the show may have.

I know it had problems(like how Kai was introduced a litle too late and the Imagin had no clear motives prior to his arrival), but I still genuinely believe it was a great series and deserves the popularity it's gotten, no matter what anybody else says. In fact, I do think that the movies further developed the characters, and when they weren't developing old characters, they gave development to newer characters. So yeah, I believe more in this series than than you can try to object to, deal with it

Den-O did its job for more people than most other Heisei Rider shows. It allowed people who don't normally have fun with the concept of superheroics to do so, and it translated into money. Thus, on several fronts (especially the ones that mattered for Toei), it was hardly "subpar".

Did it have legitimate issues? Yes, all shows do. But if a set of shows has the same ratings but people are compelled to throw more money a certain one due to sentimental attachment, then that show has won. It meant that it was able to get out from under the weight of people who just watch TV superheroes. The movies grossed the most, and even now, people are still buying Den-O things.

...it's the Wii, man. The masses' definition of quality is far different from that of dedicated fans. It's a hard truth. This is why Just Dance is outselling Punch-Out!! The only difference is that Den-O is far more enjoyable and requires far more thought than Just Dance.

Why compare Ozu to other rider shows , just enjoys it as it is.

Seems that the main thread of the show willl be the medals. The medals are energy created by human greed in solid state that can be used to forms monsters bodies or activate any gadgets by the foundation. I'm not surprise if the Kougami Foundation had a little factory creating the cell medals. However I think that they cannot produced a core medal which the rebirth of greed excites cake guy and he even sacrificed a whole platoon minus one to make sure of the Greeds power. I think he plans to grab that power from them and create his own multi-king. Helping Ozu is convenient since I don't think they have enough fire power to go against the Greeed at the moment.

As for Ankh, I think the Greeed thought that he had been destroyed in the past. Ankh obviously swiped their core medal which is why they are not complete and which is why he had the mantis core medal with him. He obviously does not have his own besides Taka which is why he is incomplete. The other medals are probably with the Kougami Foundations or somewhere else. Since Ankh is only an arm his power is less than the other Greeed which is why he need a protector thus Ozu. Ozu is probably the one who seals them in the past but he felt he could control him and as it is his only gamble.

The yummy are disturbing in design, they had amonster body but a very blank human like face. I would want to see one in the dark. The Greeed uses human greed as catalyst to create the yummy, the yummy uses that greed to become complete but it retains it forms from whatever cell medals the Greed uses. It probably also retains knowledge from the Greed as it seems to recognizes the OOO's seal and Ankh but was just birthed. In a sense the Yummy is not a minnion but more like an extension of the Greeed.

The Greeed first quest is probably to regain complete form, then fight each other to regains all the medals in becoming the multiking. And it seems that they can also take human forms (this from magazine scans) possessed or not is to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.