Well it seems that the number one book in the direct market for July is X-Men #1 and that news made me very sad. But after I got over that I started to wonder how if just by the reports that several stores have a large quantity of them left lying around. And I doubt any store owner would risk that much on a title such as this. Then I remembered hearing about a price break Marvel was offering. I honestly question the rationale for this since why you may have the number 1 book for the month, you are setting up yourself for a massive drop for the following issues. To the point that it will make your entire company look foolish. So here I ask everyone to help make Marvel look foolish, if only to get them back for canceling SWORD yet putting all this effort behind a book that would barely pass as a miniseries.

Read my smart post
Well it seems that the number one book in the direct market for July is X-Men #1 and that news made me very sad. But after I got over that I started to wonder how if just by the reports that several stores have a large quantity of them left lying around. And I doubt any store owner would risk that much on a title such as this. Then I remembered hearing about a price break Marvel was offering. I honestly question the rationale for this since why you may have the number 1 book for the month, you are setting up yourself for a massive drop for the following issues. To the point that it will make your entire company look foolish. So here I ask everyone to help make Marvel look foolish, if only to get them back for canceling SWORD yet putting all this effort behind a book that would barely pass as a miniseries.

Yea...i'm sure this is going to work

I am just asking people not to blindly support a book that isn't that good. If you actually like it buy it, but if you are getting just because it has X-Men in it just think about first. I genuinely would like to see a comic buying public that is less influenced by the hype than we are now, and this book is a good place to start. Also it is just a question of by how much orders are going to drop off. The problem here is that isn't that bad which would actually help sales. People buy bad books like they go to see bad movies, I don't get it but people do. The book is forgettable, it offers nothing outside a story dictated by marketing. Same goes for the creative team, Paco Medina may have a future but as it stands right now he is just another artist with a frankly over cartoony style.