Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Chibikamenmon is the final villain. Just look at him!

He'll slit your throat from ear to ear

74813433.jpg

It would be interesting to have the final villain work its way into the good guys ranks.

PARTY HARD
A bit late, that's because the download of the torrent was a bother to me. I used Ryuu-Rogue's subs to make this review, so enjoy...

Digimon Xros Wars 4 Review (On HJU!)
Today's Title: This Episode is about swimming. I'm a man who fears the ocean.

To avoid spoilers, this review will be put in HIDE tags.

[hide]I've realized a theme coming along this series. Make new friends! Gain new forms! Fight in any terrain! What does this remind me of? [spoilers]Gotta catch 'em all! Gotta catch 'em all![/spoilers]

Well, not really, but you get the idea. We've got some weird things here. First off, the opening is not in the beginning, but in the middle of the episode, where the breaks are usually. Kind of unusual. However, they changed the opening a little bit by adding Akari's little monologue, which kind of fits with what I said earlier about making friends and stuff. Other than that, the opening is normal.

New characters are introduced this episode. Since our heroes have been transferred to a zone filled with ocean (probably Blue Zone? =D), we've got a couple of Deep Savers Digimon joining the cast. First, we have the chief who's on the same level as Jijimon in terms of age, the Armor level Digimon Archelomon. He's a senile turtle Digimon who forgets names faster than I forget people in general. Another are the Gizamon and Hangyomon (Divermon in the dub) of Tactimon's sea forces, lead by (will mention him when I get to it). Let's get to the more important Deep Savers Digimon mentions.

As you may know, Kamemon makes his return to Digimon Xros Wars....what? You're saying that's NOT Kamemon? Let me check...by god, you're right. It's CHIBIKAMEMON! He's an adorable little fucker that I just want to HUG TO DEATH! X3. I see him as a sort of a "fanboy" type, deeming Shoutmon as a role model for his desire for strength to protect his island. And when told by Shoutmon on how to become stronger, he takes those words to heart to perform a DigiXros with Shoutmon X2 during their underwater battle. While I can't see ChibiKamemon as a full-time team member, I imagine that he may be called upon by the series' next plot device.

The other important Deep Savers Digimon shown today is Neptunemon, an Ultimate-level Digimon and part of another Ultimate-level Digimon group known as the "Olympus Twelve", who are modeled after the Twelve Olympians of Greek/Roman mythology. He marks the second Digimon of the Olympus Twelve to appear in the Digimon Anime/Manga, the first being Mercurymon (not to be confused with Mercurimon) from Digimon Savers, who played a more neutral but good role. Neptunemon is a follower of Tactimon, leading his sea forces of Hangyomon, Gizamon, and Mantaraymon battleships. Oh, about that...

The thing I liked about this episode is the use of Digimon as vehicles. Mantaraymon were used as naval battleships, similar to the ones you see in the navy (duh). It had the flat top that air carriers use at sea, battle cannons, etc. And they provided a role for everyone in Xros Heart.

Taiki, being good at most sports he's ever tried out for others, tossed a Hangyomon with a Judo move! The red Pickmon makes a return with his comedic roar that powers up the Star Sword for Zenjirou, who uses his kendo skills to fight back with his signature "Koto Slice!" I think it was designed so that Zenjirou would have a purpose, which is why they made him the kendo person. Shoutmon and Ballistamon need no introduction. But what about Akari?

Well, we now know that she has a brother, and that they used to play shooting games. So what role does she get? Battleship sinking...so who else felt bad for the poor Mantaraymon who got blown up and torn up in this battle? Besides me, of course. Seriously. Misuse of Digimon. lol

Starmon and the Pickmonz make a new weapon for Shoutmon X2 (though you probably saw this coming). The Star Axe is formed by Starmon and the YELLOW Pickmonz, who have a VERY adorable DigiXros animation. The main yellow Pickmon released smaller yellow Pickmonz. And what's their Star weapon formation? "KA-CHING!!" Those things are fucking adorable...

Oh, but before we end today's review, I forgot an important factor. The Code Crown, as explained by Nene-sama, are pieces of data that represent a part of the broken-up Digital World known as a "Zone". I guess that if the Code Crowns are gathered, the collector can reshape the Digital World into a new form, which is probably why Baguramon and Kiriha want it. The mystery of Nene-sama is deepened further. But by dear lord...

Nene-sama is WHERE.IT'S.AT! <3

Coming up at Digimon Xros Wars....gasp! Does that mean that all of them make an anime/manga appearance now?! Stay tuned!

Cookie for anyone who knows what I'm talking about.[/hide]

Last edited:
Kamen Rider Meta
vlcsnap2010072919h42m39.png

I think Kaji needed some new pants here. :p

Also....
[hide]NOOOOOOOOO! IT'S TOO EARLY!

12175261m.jpg
[/hide]

Nice post!!
Shoutmon seems a bit too conniving for Momotaros. Where Momo is really just a naughty little boy, Shoutmon is a bit of a trickster. The characters are both really charismatic, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.