it's 30$ for 3 episodes here plus you still used the big 3 so still a pretty moot point.
What planet do you live on. Even at 30 japan pays near 40 per dvd. And in fact retail for a show dvd is actually 25 or less.

Naruto, OP all things that make WSJ sell of course it's expensive because people want it so badly what do you expect. Once again amazon as well.
I gave you an example of a b-list show (Tower of Druaga) in my first response. And do you have some other Japanese store whose prices you trust? Seeing as Amazon, Yahoo, and AmiAmi are too poor for you? Hell, pick a show.

Whatever dude. SOME anime is cheaper here i'm sorry you used such shitty examples. Also using amazon as a reference is LOL

It's a noticeable trend that won't be changing.

I could use Yahoo Japan, but that won't change the prices. Either way, your statement remains incorrect. It's quite rare that were have anime that costs more than equivalent content in Japan. The last thing that came vaguely close was Gundam Unicorn, which saw a simultaneous release and costs the same on either side of the pond, though the Japanese list price is higher.

It's best not to make blanket statements when you're armed with misinformation.

Got "Tch"?. A Wakana PSA.
I don't know where YOU live but best buy etc 1 vol = 3 episodes = 30$ and from what you said 40$ for a JP dvd which has 4 episodes so it's STILL 10$ an ep man thus the point is moot. So I don't see how that is misinformation dude.

I don't know where YOU live but best buy etc 1 vol = 3 episodes = 30$ and from what you said 40$ for a JP dvd which has 4 episodes so it's STILL 10$ an ep man thus the point is moot. So I don't see how that is misinformation dude.

Pick a show, I'll even look to Best Buy for the price.

Last edited:
What's to pick go to bestbuy or something and see the list price is 29.99

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
But why is Anime more expensive over in Japan?

Not trying to sound like a dumbass, I'm just curious

You're comparing a kind of box set to single volume dvd's plus at least their single volumes are LE and include a free gift.

Pick a show, I'll even look to Best Buy for the price.
MrMonk, I suggest you just let this one go. You have already provided perfectly sound evidence with the math to back it up and if this person still says otherwise at this point any chance of reasonable argument has been lost.

And to Vitor, I am no way that informed but my understanding is due to how the industry is set-up most productions don't make any money from ad-revenue on the broadcasts thus to make up that for they charge a premium for the DVD releases. Also in some cases they know their audience and just outright exploits them.

Right...i'm sorry but if you look at amazon yeah for them it says 4,682 but that's cuz amazon SUCKS do you not see the NEW starting from 1,460 under their shitty price.