Tensou Sentai Goseiger - 2010 Sentai - Pictures and info on first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean this to sound like I'm being a jerk but, is this really all Toei can think of to kill time in their show? I mean, there's barely a plot and now they're doing beach episodes...

Even though Goseiger hasn't really been a consistently good series, this only will be the 3rd purely episodic story ever since episode 15. If you're bothered by this amount of filler, I don't see how you can enjoy any Sentai series at all.

二番目の翻訳者
Anyway, I've given up on Goseiger having any kind of regular consistency or plot development. What's important is that the individual episodes be fun to watch, so this suits me just fine.

I don't think there's anything wrong with doing a show like that, though I wish they'd be more consistent about it.

Lurker
Anyway, I've given up on Goseiger having any kind of regular consistency or plot development. What's important is that the individual episodes be fun to watch, so this suits me just fine.

I don't think there's anything wrong with doing a show like that, though I wish they'd be more consistent about it.

This is how I feel too. I think if more people saw Sentai this way they would be a lot happier. The beauty of the Sentai setup is that each year they can do something different. A different feel, a different theme, a different atmosphere. One year they can be serious and one year they can be completely goofy and parody like like Go-Onger. One year the plot can barely be there like this year and one year it can be heavy plot like a Gekiranger.

If you just try to enjoy each year for what it is, you'll have more fun and be happier. This is a entertaining Japanese kids show. Just enjoy it, people spend so much energy whining about what they don't like each year, just enjoy each year for what it is.

Schpeil over!!

This is how I feel too. I think if more people saw Sentai this way they would be a lot happier. The beauty of the Sentai setup is that each year they can do something different. A different feel, a different theme, a different atmosphere.

And that can't work for the other shows?

One year they can be serious and one year they can be completely goofy and parody like like Go-Onger. One year the plot can barely be there like this year and one year it can be heavy plot like a Gekiranger.

How was Go-Onger a parody of anything? Maybe it wanted to be a parody a la Carranger. But it was nothing but vapidness. Vapidness with a girl trio in ugly pink dresses making an appearance.

Anyway, in other words it's ok for a show to not have a plot or a point because other shows already had them?

If you just try to enjoy each year for what it is, you'll have more fun and be happier. This is a entertaining Japanese kids show. Just enjoy it, people spend so much energy whining about what they don't like each year, just enjoy each year for what it is.

What if the show in the current year is just plain bad? And if it's just a kids' show, why are we here watching and discussing it?

Raxbait: Hip

Ah, so it's become episodic?
I thought so, guess I need to catch up now xD

Lurker
How was Go-Onger a parody of anything? Maybe it wanted to be a parody a la Carranger. But it was nothing but vapidness. Vapidness with a girl trio in ugly pink dresses making an appearance.

Anyway, in other words it's ok for a show to not have a plot or a point because other shows already had them?

What if the show in the current year is just plain bad? And if it's just a kids' show, why are we here watching and discussing it?

I'm just saying, most of the complaints seem to be over lack of plot. The point of Go-Onger was to be what it was. It was supposed to be a completely goofy season. What you might think is "just plain bad" isn't absolute. I liked Go-Onger. Am I a fool for that because maybe considered it "just plain bad"?

Nice post!!
How was Go-Onger a parody of anything?

I only watched a little Go-onger before I decided it wasn't worth my time, but the feeling I got watching the early episodes was that it had probably been pitched as a satirical show but then got toned down during production so it would be less risky. Go-On Green is definitely a Carranger sort of character and I can imagine the other characters being played more that way had the casting and production gone in a different direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.