Damn it Disney! A Gargoyles movie that has nothing to do with the comic or cartoon

Lurker
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67938

Disney Bringing Gargoyles to Life
Source: Variety July 13, 2010

"Walt Disney Pictures is in negotiations with Zoe Green to write the screenplay based on an original idea she developed with the studio on gargoyles, says Variety.

The trade says the project is not tied to "Gargoyles," the animated TV series that Disney produced in the 1990s, or a comic book that was later produced by series creator Greg Weisman.

Green and Disney executive LouAnne Brickhouse came up with the idea. Lauren Shuler Donner will produce the live-action film. "

Now Demonic
Well **** man, that sucks but we're no worse off then we were before. Besides would you want a Gargoyles series without Greg Weismen at the helm?

二番目の翻訳者
Well, vampires aren't kid-friendly, so they figure gargoyles are the next best thing.

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
Well, at least Darkwing Duck got away with a 4 issue mini-series...

But how long before he falls victim to a harcore Disney rape?

Super Moderator
Damn. A live-action Gargoyles movie would be great. Especially if they got Keith David back for Goliath.

It's just as well. Even if they were doing the Gargoyles we know and love they'd probably find a way to **** it up.

Damn. A live-action Gargoyles movie would be great. Especially if they got Keith David back for Goliath.

It's just as well. Even if they were doing the Gargoyles we know and love they'd probably find a way to **** it up.

Everything Disney touches seem to fck up.

Super Moderator
Everything Disney touches seem to fck up.

I wouldn't go quite that far. Princess and the Frog was a really well done 2D comeback and they got over themselves enough to recognize what PIXAR had done for them.

The company is not all terrible, all the time. I'm not one whose afraid they'll get cute-character kooties in my serious fare or something but there's just a lot of boardroom bullshit thinking that can hurt their projects which is sadly typical.

Kamen Rider Meta
Besides Disney did put out Digimon.

Albeit those aren't the most loved seasons but give them some credit :p

As for this news, "that sucks" is all I can say.