1. The casting sheet was created by a third party not paramount, Frank Marshall a producer has provided documentation saying that the casting was open to all ethnicity's. Here: http://www.ugo.com/movies/frank-marshall-clarifies-key-issue-in-racebending-controversy
M.night strived to get the best actors he could it's not like in the end the entire gaang is gonna be white Toph will be Asian and Zuko will join later. In the end I think the acting is most important because that's how people will be able to connect with the characters not through the skin tone.

3. The thing with Pakku though is that it was very Deus ex machina and in the long run it's not all that important. You also have to understand there are some important characters and some not important. Characters like jet and his crew and jun aren't very neccesary for the overall plot there are alot of characters that may not get in the movie just because they aren't needed

6. If you have that mindset then why should it matter what race the people in The last airbender are. Since it doesn't really make their characters change whether they are black, white, Asian, Hispanic, or Indian. M.night has gone on the record saying that he made the races of the nations based on the main characters cast. And like I've said before every one had a chance to be a main character, no matter what the ethnicity so it shouldn't be a problem since he was looking for acting skills not races.

1.I wish the racebending.com people would understand that better. Even if Dragonball Evolution and Street Fighter had a full Asian cast , the Writer's Strike halted or ruined films that continued during that span of time. Those films were horribly made , and the casting was a joke. They could've atleast dyed Chatwin's hair black and added some aging effects to Chow Yun Fat. The Last Airbender's acting I've heard in some of the early reviews ranged from horrible to good. I am getting past of caring who is playing who at this point , and am wanting to just see the film to judge if they portray the characters well enough to overlook that.

3. Although i do agree with Jet not being important, his crew was on the ship helping the Gaang . June had a very important part in Books One and Three because in the episodes she was in , Katara's emotions of her mother come up for the second time. Hope they keep the initial plot and the battle in if they do not have June .

6. While M.Night said he chose them for the best acting ability ,and he may be right , but the words he has said weren't the wisest. What is really suspicious is the one time he remarked that people's races in anime are ambiguous. While that may be true about its' earlier forms and some of today, in Airbender the people looks distinct in that they had a slight slant , skin tone and eye color which sets them apart from the usual Anime= White.The large eyes are a sign of innocence while the regular eyes are not and show maturity. In the show , although most were of Asian descent , Middle Eastern peoples and some whites came in like Zhao , Combustion Man , Pathik and Azula. His interpretation makes alot of sense as a result of the casting in it fits ,but what would've happened had he gotten the main roles for people of color? Would the film's architecture be different and reflect the peoples' or would it just not matter what races were cast for the roles? That's what really interests me.

Anime in general? I dont believe that it is ambiguos. Cause why would be there Japanese people when they get a manga or anime of them self be drawn like that.

So why would it be any diffrent for a fictional stuff?

Looks might be, its the character that isnt.

Last edited:
The slow motion scenes they could have done without, but I heard there are a lot regular speed fights in he movie.

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, the Official site has updated their "Explore the Four Nations" section, now with the Fire Nation and Air Nomads, going into details on the "movie!mythos," as well as the characters and concepts related to each. There's also unique clips from the soundtrack (the Air Nomads having a part of the "Airbender Suite" for example) and "panoramic views" on each "Nation's" locales.

Considering how close to release we are, the Earth Kingdom's section is likely to be released shortly.

It's Judgement Time!
The slow motion scenes they could have done without, but I heard there are a lot regular speed fights in he movie.

Aang kind of feels too 'floaty' in the 'courtyard' clip. Like his movements have no weight. Just all wire-suspension.

Aang kind of feels too 'floaty' in the 'courtyard' clip. Like his movements have no weight. Just all wire-suspension.
Yeah, that kind of bothered me as well. There was even a part where it showed him water bending at a soldier...but he made no movement. His "shouts" as he was fighting were kind of annoying also.

It's Judgement Time!
yeah, I felt like his movements and the 'elemental bending' were two separate entities on the screen. Two films, over laid together. they didnt feel as though they were synchronized.

thats me though. I cant wait for the movie.

yeah, I felt like his movements and the 'elemental bending' were two separate entities on the screen. Two films, over laid together. they didnt feel as though they were synchronized.

thats me though. I cant wait for the movie.

That's what i thought the second time i watched it .

It didn't even feel real or convincing at all since it looked like he was in god mode or something like that. I laughed at his yell.

The fighting would be better without the slo-mo. Can't wait.