Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman - Any good?

あたりまえ
the show was average but mainly I watched for Teri Hatcher :)

Super Moderator
It's a pretty green screen heavy show with a television budget in 1993. It's... passable in the effects department. But most of the series is framed around the drama between Clark and Lois as reporters, similar to how Smallville is about Clark's teenage angst. Even though I haven't watched it in 15 years, I can say with some certainty it's still better than Smallville.

As Lois and Clark was Moonlighting with a cape, Smallville is the bastard lovechild of Dawsons Creek and the X-Files.

I like the show. I got all 4 seasons on dvd. Wal-Mart got the all the seasons for $14 each which isn't bad at all.

This is actually my fav. superman tv series. The show, as the title implys, is about lois and clark's relationship with superman there to save the day. I love the dialogue between lois and clark and the two leads do a great job with their characters. It is true that the special effects look cheap by todays standards but the show is almost 20 years old now. I just finished rewatching the whole series and still enjoy it. I actually prefer clark over superman so that's one of the reasons I really like this show and smallville to a lesser extent. Also a number of superman villains do appear in the show such as lex luthor (of course,) metallo, mxyzptlk, bizarro and prankster.

It stinks.
the show was average but mainly I watched for Teri Hatcher :)

First time I ever seen or heard about her. :anime:

As for the show, I've heard about it; but I've never seen an episode of it. Maybe, just bits & pieces when I was flipping through channels.

Sometimes things get complicated.
It's funny that I just found this thread, because I just bought a brand new sealed copy of Season 2 on DVD of this show on Amazon. Got it from an alternate seller for only 8 bucks. But that's besides the point! I liked the series a lot when I was younger, and still do today even though it seems much more juvenile.
It means that a lot of people saw it when they were younger and the problems with the show just didn't stand out as much but when they go back and try to watch it now it's not really any fun because it's more painfully obvious how bad it is.

I really like the series, but I feel that it was intentionally cheesy a majority of the time. It feels like watching a more love story-oriented version of the Superman animated series. Because the plot is really breezy and fun. But because of that there are a lot of plot holes. :sweat: But since I'm a big Superman fan, I can overlook them for the fun action that they throw in. I also loved how it had that "bad guy of the week" format that introduced a new baddie for Lois and Clark to have to investigate and fend off.

But I do agree that it dealt with the Daily Planet side of stuff too often, and because of that Clark is on the screen more often than anybody else. But it's still fun, and although pretty corny, it's a lighter alternative to the much darker Smallville. Plus Teri Hatcher is bangin! :p

They call her one-eye
Drew carry and Mimi guest-star on the show. If that doesn't tell you where Lois and Clarks priorities were at, nothing will.

It's funny when you think about it: the childish cartoons of superman and batman were mature, intelligent and well written while the adult live action shows were campy, stupid and overall wastes of time.

makes ya think doesn't it?

I certainly don't think it's a waste of time. They were entertaining, no matter how campy they were. The original Superman films were very campy themselves, and yet are considered great classics.

And on a side note, the Superman animated series was anything but mature and intelligent. :laugh:

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
I loved this show as a kid. I went back and watched it, and I still love it. Sure, it starts to circle the toilet pretty much as soon as Season 2 starts, but the show is a lot of fun and Terri Hatcher and Dean Cain do great jobs in their roles.

And yet in response to your season 2 comment: I feel that was the best season. Because in season 3 is when Superman had already revealed his love for Lois and the tension between them was gone. And on top of that, they introduced Metallo and Toyman that season as well, which is why I just bought it last week.

Watched 3 episodes today! They're still really funny and entertaining. The banter between Lois and Clark is what I feel makes it though.