Status
Not open for further replies.
Some kind of Beast mode
Maybe people have given up or didn't agree. :/

Meh, it was better than other episodes for me, but not enough to redeem itself.

Damn, that wouldn't be good, I guess many people haven't seen it yet.

Whaaaat? :O_O: What can Goseiger do to earn your respect neon? lol

I'm waiting to watch it in better quality. The first YouTube videos that went up of it last night were ass, and one cut out the mecha scene.

Preview for next week is very intriguing, though.

Oooh, the DL's are out now, so you can hit it up! Yea next week's preview looks very epic.

LOL that's what I was thinking but that epic ROCKED, best epic out of all 15. The action was awesome and I don't see Mons Drake as Mr. Fat anymore. Bravo Goseiger Bravo :thumbs:

Oh yeah....who the hell are they fighting in the next ep?!?! Looks kinda serious.

Everything about this epic was great, and I like how Drake's wings open for faster better combat. I deserve to be slapped for doubting him.

It's dereputa they're fighting, he's baaaaaaaaaaaaack. lol

btw I saw a mystery person flipping off a balcony or a porch, I wonder who that is.

Damn, that wouldn't be good, I guess many people haven't seen it yet.

Whaaaat? :O_O: What can Goseiger do to earn your respect neon? lol

To be honest it's already dug it's grave for me, but if hey keep a strong narrative after this episode and really work on the story for the rest of the series it would totally turn in favour.
I hate series that only decide to spend about 5 episodes adressing the story and building everything up. It's the reason I hated Shinkenger so much.

二番目の翻訳者
Yeah, the thing is that as much as I liked the fight and the epic events of this episode, the show's just not really that strong when it comes to getting its themes across. With a few exceptions, I'm usually left feeling slightly disappointed that there isn't something a bit more substantial backing up the cool action. I feel like the ingredients are there. It just feels a bit rushed, like they're working with the first draft of each script.

I still like Goseiger, but it's had enough disappointments that I can't feel that I need only give it the benefit of the doubt and it will do right by me the way that I can with a show like W. I like the core of the show enough that I'm still hopeful, especially with the obvious turning point we reached. But introducing new villains and new characters also introduces new possibilities for going off the rails, so... I'm gonna reserve judgment until it unfolds. :)

Some kind of Beast mode
To be honest it's already dug it's grave for me, but if hey keep a strong narrative after this episode and really work on the story for the rest of the series it would totally turn in favour.
I hate series that only decide to spend about 5 episodes adressing the story and building everything up. It's the reason I hated Shinkenger so much.

Yea, I get you, if they can just stay on the story instead of a 3-5 episodes then break pattern then it would be really good.

Yeah, the thing is that as much as I liked the fight and the epic events of this episode, the show's just not really that strong when it comes to getting its themes across. With a few exceptions, I'm usually left feeling slightly disappointed that there isn't something a bit more substantial backing up the cool action. I feel like the ingredients are there. It just feels a bit rushed, like they're working with the first draft of each script.

I still like Goseiger, but it's had enough disappointments that I can't feel that I need only give it the benefit of the doubt and it will do right by me the way that I can with a show like W. I like the core of the show enough that I'm still hopeful, especially with the obvious turning point we reached. But introducing new villains and new characters also introduces new possibilities for going off the rails, so... I'm gonna reserve judgment until it unfolds. :)

mmm, I see I see. Besides protecting the Earth, the rangers need more at stake basically. If that's what you're saying.

Last edited:
Nice post!!
Maybe not even that. Just something more interesting to do. Thus far the conflict in Goseiger has been completely generic.

二番目の翻訳者
mmm, I see I see. Besides protecting the Earth, the rangers need more at steak basically. If that's what you're saying.

Well, I'd like them to be a little more consistent about what is at stake, and how it affects things. Are they fighting to protect all the people of the Earth? Japan? The earth and all of nature itself? Or to inspire Nozomu? Sometimes it feels like the writers aren't completely sure, so they bop back and forth between emotional resonance points, without giving their due diligence to any of them.

I really think the show is supposed to be about inspiring Nozomu, which is why he's always there during each of the show's big climactic episodes. But even then, it's almost like the writers are second-guessing thinking that the audience won't care about one little boy. So they shove him into a corner in the to give the spotlight to more conventionally conflict-shaped things.

Then when it does come time for Nozomu to do or say or learn something important, it's nice, but it feels "unearned", so to speak. It doesn't have the resonance that it would have if they were doing a slow build of that throughout the other episodes.

(This is why episode 6 is my favorite so far -- it's the best example of them being able to tie Nozomu's conflict to Alata and the other Goseigers', and as a result, it feels the most fresh and thematically consistent.)

Some kind of Beast mode
OMG, I can't believe I wrote stake..as steak. :sweat: That's what happens when you're starving. lol

Some kind of Beast mode
Maybe not even that. Just something more interesting to do. Thus far the conflict in Goseiger has been completely generic.

hmm, I'm not sure about generic though, because the villains dying down so early was quite surprising to me, I didn't expect that from this series.

If you mean the filler ep conflicts then I see what you're saying.

Well, I'd like them to be a little more consistent about what is at stake, and how it affects things. Are they fighting to protect all the people of the Earth? Japan? The earth and all of nature itself? Or to inspire Nozomu? Sometimes it feels like the writers aren't completely sure, so they bop back and forth between emotional resonance points, without giving their due diligence to any of them.

I really think the show is supposed to be about inspiring Nozomu, which is why he's always there during each of the show's big climactic episodes. But even then, it's almost like the writers are second-guessing thinking that the audience won't care about one little boy. So they shove him into a corner in the to give the spotlight to more conventionally conflict-shaped things.

Then when it does come time for Nozomu to do or say or learn something important, it's nice, but it feels "unearned", so to speak. It doesn't have the resonance that it would have if they were doing a slow build of that throughout the other episodes.

(This is why episode 6 is my favorite so far -- it's the best example of them being able to tie Nozomu's conflict to Alata and the other Goseigers', and as a result, it feels the most fresh and thematically consistent.)

Ahh, now I get you. I can't lie though I don't really blame them for shoving nozomu away sometimes, because honestly his character is great but the actor isn't. The less I see him the better actually, but in this ep he was alright.

I don't think it's a question if they want to protect Japan, it definitely is the Earth. The reason why it seems Japan only is because, well that's where they live.

But at least the villains are so effin powerful that it seems like they're effecting the earth instead of just Japan.

Nice post!!
hmm, I'm not sure about generic though, because the villains dying down so early was quite surprising to me, I didn't expect that from this series.

That's got nothing to do with the show's conflict. In writing, there are three overriding types of conflict: Protagonist vs. Himself (internal conflict), Protagonist vs. Nature (survival conflict), and Protagonist vs. Others (external conflict). Super Sentai deals in the third type of conflict.

Now, when you do a Protagonist vs. Others story, a lot of what will make your story feel unique or interesting hinges on how you choose to motivate that conflict. Basically, why are the Others bothering the Protagonist? Or, in this case, why are the Warstar enemies of the Goseigers?

Well, the answer to that question is completely generic. The Warstar are invading aliens and the Goseigers are heroes tasked with stopping them. That's not just a boiled-down paraphrase of the plot as it stands right now, that's literally just the plot as it stands!

The Warstar need some reason for attacking Earth that's bigger than "we're evil alien bugs." The Goseigers need a reason for protecting Earth that goes beyond "we're angels, durr." Super Sentai usually deals in simple story types but Goseiger is way too simple at this point.

Webslinger
It's dereputa they're fighting, he's baaaaaaaaaaaaack. lol

lol thanks for spoiling it for me, I thought it was one of the new villains or something.

But at least the villains are so effin powerful that it seems like they're effecting the earth instead of just Japan.

I know what you mean, I was like "DAAAAAAMN" when Mons Drake used that planet explosion attack :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.