Why exactly do we care what race plays which part again? Does anyone ever demand a Korean play a Japanese toku hero? There are plenty of them in Japan.

And by Asian, do we mean any Asian or just Orientals? Let's be specific here.

Yes, I can think of no greater height of racism than wanting a samurai to be played by a person who looks sort of Japanese.

Yet at the same time some critics found the whole premise of The Last Samurai ridiculous as well.

Lurker
And what's wrong with a white guy being a leader. Are you saying white people can't lead? See two can play this game....

And what's wrong with a white guy being a leader. Are you saying white people can't lead? See two can play this game....

Nothing the problem is they reserved the role for the leader for a white guy only... Only a white guy can play him.

In that sense no one gets equal chances.

Lurker
Nothing the problem is they reserved the role for the leader for a white guy only... Only a white guy can play him.

In that sense no one gets equal chances.

We have had others played red ranger. Shoot two of the last 5 years the red ranger was black. And in Ninja Storm I believe the red ranger was middle east decent... The one time they decided to go back to a white guy. We hear cries of racisim...

The end justiΦ's the means
Remember, the princess can be any ethnicity, so you still have your chance to see an Asian red (one that's female as well.)

Lurker
Remember, the princess can be any ethnicity, so you still have your chance to see an Asian red (one that's female as well.)

Shh... remeber they cried about that on rangerboard as well. remeber they said an asian can't be called Megan. :laugh:

We have had others played red ranger. Shoot two of the last 5 years the red ranger was black. And in Ninja Storm I believe the red ranger was middle east decent... The one time they decided to go back to a white guy. We hear cries of racisim...

Because it is, they can go with a white guy in the end if it was handeld like the other roles, but reserving for a white guy only seems racist while another black red ranger could be just as good.

and miss out on a HJU Member being in Power Rangers? I hope not.

Last edited: