Just Scratch Behind the Ears
Bumping 'cause -- ONE WEEK AWAY! WOOOOO!

*runs around wildly until he hits the wall*

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1SNgRxiyF0&feature=related[/ame]

ACEN, HO! Time to transform and ROLL OUT!!! :castlerock:

You guys be good while I'm gone, you here me? :thumbs:

That was a load of fun, but I can tell you one thing .. White Women can't J ... host a Toku panel. God damn. That was painful.

Yeah. Keith and I (and a couple local to me Toku friends that came too) spent the entire time heckling and correcting their wapanese speak.

We got a half hour (poorly designed) PowerPoint presentation. "Hurricanger was about ninja" ... gee, ya think? Now let's move on and tell you nothing interesting or important. "Abaranger was..."

And then spend half the time gushing over Philip.

The only redeeming part was when they discussed Actors who had been in musicals [like Prince of Tennis, Sailor Moon etc] and showed photos of how different they were. That was at least entertaining and a good chunk of the people in the room probably didn't know most of it.

Also, Heisei era Tokusatsu is apparently just Kamen Rider and Super Sentai. Nothing else has been made in the last 15 years or whatever.

Keith and I have decided we are organizing a proper "HJU presents:" Toku panel for next year.

The one to rule the world...
Yeah. The panel was pretty painful. I mostly went in the hopes that I would be able to meet other toku fans, but that didn't work out. Pfft.

Anywho. I'm just sticking my head in to see if anyone got any pictures from the tokusatsu shoot (with me cosplaying Kirihiko), or pictures of me cosplaying Philip outside the toku panel.

Nice post!!
Most anime con toku panels are pretty bad, yeah. Any serious HJUer could probably do better.

I remember going to one at Otakon a few years ago-- I had submitted some panels about other things-- and the panel consisted of one dude who hadn't seen any Japanese tokusatsu, hadn't watched Power Rangers in over five years, but did go to the same community college as post-PR Austin St. John.

mattcomics was with me at the time and by the end of the hour he was sitting alongside the panel guy and knocking it out of the park.

Bumping to make one more point, something I over heard outside as well as inside/during the panel ... even when written out in Japanese shorthand - 仮面ライダーW is still pronounced 'Kamen Rider Double'. Saying "Double-U" outloud makes you look like a moron. In short: W in Japanese means Double.

Damn you TV-Nihon.

Raxbait: Hip
On the official site they put him as W as what they told us anyways.
So....thats what I've been going with XD
Same difference I guess.