Banned
I have a feeling that whatever movie we get, it'll probably be direct to TV/DVD.

Perhaps so. But Mr. Saban himself wants Power Rangers to returning in theaters at some point in the future. It's too soon to tell when's that going to happening. We're still too exciting to having Power Rangers coming back home to him, back to where it belongs!

So..we will see what's happening once new episodes airs on Nick next spring!

Nube
I think this is the main reason Saban bought PRs back, he realized the power that 80s nostalgic franchises have now with kids and the original fans now adults. He'll rake in the money of nostalgic merchandising, have a new show for kids and a movie based on the original MMPR which are the most iconic. If Transformers can make over 700,000,000, then Power Rangers can surely do 100,000,000 which is what he paid for it.

Of course the movie would be a complete reboot based off MMPR, I've thought about this before. They get their powers, Rita escapes, Megazord and boom you got a succesful movie. Second movie evil Green Ranger (turns good?) and boom successful. Third movie Zedd comes they all lose their powers get the thunder zords and boom you finish off the trilogy. If fourth movie never happens the original MMPRTM becomes as the unofficial fourth movie since it'd continue were the trilogy left off ;)

Eye See You
Aren't we getting ahead of are selves? I mean the show hasn't reaired yet. I doubt they do a movie right away intill they see how the 18th season goes...

I hope Saban totally refrains from considering MMPRv2 as Season 18 like Disney did.

It's Judgement Time!
Wow, that's a really good idea.

Just think of how cool the suits could look if they had the "big budget" effects of like Iron Man or Batman. Hell imagine what someone like Goldar could look like if they actually tried and put money toward it.

Banned
I hope Saban totally refrains from considering MMPRv2 as Season 18 like Disney did.

Don't worry. I don't think we will ever going to see MMPRv2 as Season 18 ever again. It's like Disney mocks MMPR, you know?

Trust me, we will see true, glory original MMPR again once they're aired on nicktoons. FTW!

Banned
Or a TV special movie. I would be shocked if it's really in theaters.

LMAO! :laugh: You'd be shocked if they're in theaters? Knowing Mr. Saban..probably will!

I bet you that dvd sales will be going off charts! Probably going to be sold out. Looking forward for them to releasing each seasons on dvd. So it can being part of history. :D

What's more..I'm looking forward to seeing SPD, Jungle Fury, RPM..all of them on DVD. Hoping that there will be bonus features as well! It would be epic and I wouldn't be surprise that there's words including the previews in the dvd...

"Paramount Picture and Saban brands presents"....

For sure, I will explode!!! :O_O:

I don't believe its a coincidence that Power rangers is on Nickelodeon.

Since the Transformers film trilogy ends in 2011 , Paramount would want to get the rights for the next nostalgic action hero franchise as in Power Rangers because the show has both robots and fighting. I could very well see much of the martial arts crew and perhaps cast from The Last Airbender get put onto the film. The SFX would be handled by ILM and it could be slated for 2015/2016 if I'm correct and announced around 2014 when the third Last Airbender film is released (If there's one.)

And not to hype anything ,but if it does go well , than maybe a Kamen Rider film based on the original premise will be made.

#MissionMiami
I don't believe its a coincidence that Power rangers is on Nickelodeon.

Since the Transformers film trilogy ends in 2011 , Paramount would want to get the rights for the next nostalgic action hero franchise as in Power Rangers because the show has both robots and fighting. I could very well see much of the martial arts crew and perhaps cast from The Last Airbender get put onto the film. The SFX would be handled by ILM and it could be slated for 2015/2016 if I'm correct and announced around 2014 when the third Last Airbender film is released (If there's one.)

And not to hype anything ,but if it does go well , than maybe a Kamen Rider film based on the original premise will be made.
I never really thought about it like that.

You know, I hate Power Rangers because I don't support adaptions, not unless we can have the privilege of seeing both the new material and the original, uncut material. But all this speculation does bring up something interesting...

Though they probably WON'T do it this way, I would TOTALLY see and support a new Power Rangers movie that was NOT based on a pre-existing Sentai. Everything completely new and original. The zords, the suits, everything. If they manage to do that, then I would care less if the quality was anything from as low budget as the actual TV show to as high as Transformers. And I mean that, considering how I loved the first Power Rangers movie as a kid. Not just because it was Power Rangers, but I loved how they handled the effects and the realistic feel the movie had.

To be honest, if they did the same for the TV series, make it all original instead of making it an adaption, I would support that too...