Does the power of Suprise Attack really help that much in Super Sentai?

俺はドラスデイックの男
****, who's going to believe some dumb ol' girl beating up Red? While there was some shockingly progressive stuff done in 80s toku (Diana!), there was also some absurdly sexist stuff that - thankfully - would never ever fly in a modern show.

I remembered that time of those rumors about Igam was originally a woman. Might be full expose in the show where she can't beat a guy or you cannot beat Red Mask in that way. However that could be even more kickass. especially girls have prior of strength. I'd might think Igam as a tomboy, but seriously.

Would like to change his avatar
LOL. As good an explanation as any, I guess. Especially since Igam's mentor pops up and goes, "Igam you're a girl! You can't beat Red Mask!"

He didn't say that! That must have been a bad sub. He never even mentions Red Mask by name or says anything of the sort. I've said this before! :laugh: Igam was supposed to be in a messy frame of mind after being outed, which is something Godai Dogler does say, and he warns her to not go fighting while in that state. And Igam still kicked Takeru's ass in that episode, by the way.

Lynxara said:
****, who's going to believe some dumb ol' girl beating up Red?

There were plenty of villainesses who got the best of a Red in battles throughout the '80s sentai. It was nice to really take notice, upon rewatching Flashman when I bought the first DVD last month, that Neferu's practically kicking all of the guys' asses in each episode. Hirohisa Soda liked writing stronger women -- his heroines and villainesses were often shown being equal to the men, and IMO, he wrote the best female characters tokusatsu has seen.

As for Diana, she's cool, I like her, and she was the first female character to do anything in a metal hero, but...still, she had a maneuver where she killed the cannon fodder with her ass, which certainly makes me roll my eyes, so...

Soda's female sentai characters of the time trump her, IMO.

And Igam still kicked Takeru's ass in that episode, by the way.

Don't remind me. Maskman was really bad about that.

There were plenty of villainesses who got the best of a Red in battles throughout the '80s sentai. It was nice to really take notice, upon rewatching Flashman when I bought the first DVD last month, that Neferu's practically kicking all of the guys' asses in each episode. Hirohisa Soda liked writing stronger women -- his heroines and villainesses were often shown being equal to the men, and IMO, he wrote the best female characters tokusatsu has seen.

Just saw Flashman 3-5 last night. I wouldn't say Lee Nefel was that good, but its easy to see how someone else might--the fights are close. I will say that Pink and Yellow Flash's episode was awesome, and showed them to be just as capable as the guys! They even sent the three generals running.

As for Diana, she's cool, I like her, and she was the first female character to do anything in a metal hero, but...still, she had a maneuver where she killed the cannon fodder with her ass, which certainly makes me roll my eyes, so...

That itself only happened a handful of times. Either way I'd still accept that over playing with rubber ducks, cheering a monster to death, or "Smile Smile!" Those little things you see back then aren't really as grating as the overt "cutesy all-Tokyo-girls-act-like-5-year-olds" you see a lot of now. And it's not as though Diana was a dunce either.

Would like to change his avatar
Don't remind me. Maskman was really bad about that.

You still don't believe me about Igam's mentor, Godai Dogler, do you?

Fine, if you want to believe that bad sub, then what happens in the show should tell you that's wrong. The bad sub says Godai Dogler says "You can't beat Red Mask, you're a girl!" And then she later kicks Takeru's ass anyhow. That would make Godai Dogler as wrong as that sub.

I wouldn't say Lee Nefel was that good, but its easy to see how someone else might--the fights are close.

In episode 8 and 9 she really kicks the entire team's asses. Neferu is that good!

Fine, if you want to believe that bad sub, then what happens in the show should tell you that's wrong. The bad sub says Godai Dogler says "You can't beat Red Mask, you're a girl!" And then she later kicks Takeru's ass anyhow. That would make Godai Dogler as wrong as that sub.

In episode 8 and 9 she really kicks the entire team's asses. Neferu is that good!

QFT

Nah, I was talking about something else there. Its about the habit of the Maskman...rarely being able to accomplish anything. They never beat most of the generals--they end up beating themselves mostly--and by the end their biggest victories involved Aura Plot Device.

>_< Need more Flashman...

Eye See You
Juzou killing Akumaro was pure fucking badass.

Sage, ur making me want to go back and rewatch Shinkenger.