Lurker
I'm trying to come up with a mecha theme for a Star Wars/Super Sentai story that I'm doing. I want to know Which one of three themes should I use for the mecha.

1. Animal based mecha. Like Gingaman.

2. Vehicle based mecha. Like Megaranger or GoGoV.

3. Vehicle-animal hybrid mecha. Like Go-Onger or Goseiger.

Lurker
You know I started this thread because I was serious on getting other opinions. But it seems nobody wants to answer my question. Why is that? Are you hoping that ignoring me will make me go away?

You know I started this thread because I was serious on getting other opinions. But it seems nobody wants to answer my question. Why is that? Are you hoping that ignoring me will make me go away?

Might just be because putting Star Wars in a Sentai context isn't very appealing? Out of courtesy, I would say use vehicles, i.e. modified X-Wings/TIE Fighters, etc., but not all things work in a Tokusatsu adaptation.

Lurker
Well I do try to make it appealing. Rather than have the Rangers travel across the galaxy, they stay on one planet while Sith try to destroy them in order to take over the entire galaxy. Plus I've chosen what I think will be the post Legacy era. Which is still going on in the Star Wars Legacy comic books. With the main antagonist that started the Sith-Imperial war in the Legacy comics, Darth Krayt. I just brought Krayt back to life through cybernetics and have out for revenge against the new Unified Galactic Federation, which is like the United Nations. Only it combines both the Empire and Republic.

FYI Krayt DID conquer most of the galaxy under his One Sith Empire. However his Empire was taken away when he was killed. He also almost drove the Mon Calamari close to extinction.

I've tried like a Kamen Rider style story with Star Wars, but I abandoned it for a Super Sentai. I started to use vehicles, but with a GoGoV and Changeman theme combination. So I'll restart once more to make it seem more appealing. Maybe go back to the old school Sentai from the 80s, with up to three vehicles forming one giant robot.

BTW Star Wars would already be considered as tokusatsu, wouldn't it? I mean it is made up of mainly special effects. I think 90% of the film series is special effects.

Nice post!!
Japanese fans would consider it tokusatsu, definitely. I would suggest using Star Warsy vehicles, since Star Wars is famous for that. Power animals would clash, I think.

But I'd be more interested in reading this if you just came up with your own space opera backdrop for a Super Sentai.

Lurker
Well I was planning on doing either a Sentai or Kamen Rider fic for the Jedi Council Forums, but I was banned from that site for being vulgar in my unban requests. Then I got banned from Dark Lords Council Forums. For what they said was being a broken record. Always talking about a female fanfic writer, and talking about a group of people from the JCF, and how I've claimed they were being mean to me. Which led them to ban me and tell me I'm not Dark Lords material. There is only Fanfiction.Net and one other Star Wars forum that I can post this story.

I think I'll go with the vehicles. Just redo the whole first chapter. Because I've included themes from GoGoV and Changeman. As in the five Rangers are in military emergency rescue divisions. But I should change it around to where they stand up to the One Sith Empire and fight them, as ordinary Force-sensitives.

Lynx, I would go for a original space Sentai team, but I've already got two original Sentai teams. A Greek Demigod theme and a medieval Knights Templar theme. I wonder if you read them.

Lurker
Vehicles must go really well in Star Wars. No one suggested mechanical animal-vehicle hybrids like in Liveman or Goseiger.