Just remember kids, the first like...20 episodes of Gekiranger were boring as hell too

Geki started the ball rolling from ep. 5.

and look how that turned out.

I think I like Geki a bit less than I used to, actually. I'm starting to agree somewhat with the folks that deem the show overrated.

Goseiger I dropped at ep. 4. I don't see this show going anywhere other than the bank, and the boundless optimism amongst some that it will somehow soon get super-awesome perplexes me.

School Days
Goseiger, so far, is okay I guess. My favorite episode so far is where Alata has trouble getting out of his GoseiRed suit.:laugh: I think its episode 8

Banned
I guess wuss was the wrong word.
Lets just say he doesn't instill the same aura of a strong leader that Takeru, Akashi, hell, even Sosuke did to me.

Why? Why do you like it less?

Because I found Dairanger to be the better show (comparing martial arts Sentais). The strengths of Dai (and some other shows that I've gotten to see since finishing Geki) made the flaws of Geki more apparent. I never liked the Kensei being giant stuffed animals to begin with, but the more I see how previous shows tended to lean more on real actors than stuntmen in cute costumes, the less tolerant I get. Jan's craziness was just a thinly veiled excuse to have yet another insane-type Red while presenting him as a jungle freak. Daisuke/Amazon Rider was a better example of how to pull off the 'savage man' character. The rest of the cast sans Gou were dull. Mele's schizophrenia between cold-hearted soldier and Rio's would-be lover also comes of as silly now. Better example of that type of relationship from Sentais past would be Turboranger's Yamimaru and Kirika.

Also, what makes it overrated?

How a large number of fans consider it such an awesome show when really it pales in comparison to some of its fellow Sentais.

Lurker
Goseiger I dropped at ep. 4. I don't see this show going anywhere other than the bank, and the boundless optimism amongst some that it will somehow soon get super-awesome perplexes me.

All shows are for the bank. People stick with it because it CAN change at any point, Abaranger and Go-onger being examples. Dropping so early is like stopping a movie after the first ten minutes, not all shows can grasp the audience by the early episodes, likewise those that can can easily fall off later. That's just your preference on how the show fits you, nothing too wrong with that.

I don't really get this sort of thread anyways, I'd rather wait for the entire series to judge than the first episodes, 1/5 don't cut it.

Super Moderator
Well, like I said in another thread Goseiger just kind of exists to me right now. It hasn't made a real impression one me at all outside of occasionally provoking a desire to go back and rewatch Gingaman.

It hasn't even impressed me enough to hate it really. Cards (even though technically they are new to Sentai), endless and needless barrage of Bandai plastic, excess wacky, it's all gotten routine at this point.

Last edited:
Banned
I think this thread is more about that people's early impressions are on Gosei.

My early impression's are somewhat bitter-tasting but i do see potential here.
I'm gonna let the rest of the series unfold and see how i feel by Epic 30. If i still feel the same way i do now, ill drop Gosei like a bad cold and just watch Magiranger again.

My early feeling have been wrong before. I found Go-Onger childish and stupid the first 6-8 episodes and considered jumping ship to only watch Kiva for 2008, but i gave it till GP 20 and i was greatly surprised.

All shows are for the bank. People stick with it because it CAN change at any point, Abaranger and Go-onger being examples. Dropping so early is like stopping a movie after the first ten minutes, not all shows can grasp the audience by the early episodes, likewise those that can can easily fall off later. That's just your preference on how the show fits you, nothing too wrong with that.

I don't really get this sort of thread anyways, I'd rather wait for the entire series to judge than the first episodes, 1/5 don't cut it.

Right now Goseigers is at the point where the show is heading somewhere. Before, it was just getting to know the characters. Just dropping it early says that you never gave it a chance. Even a show with a weak start can have a great finish.