CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Augh...

Did you check out his Buffy comic? The last one I perused could be sumarize by 'Buffy gets super-powers and hooks up with Angel again' -.- how does that not sound like a bad fanfic?!

Black Version
Except he didn't write any of that arc. Granted, he signed off on it, but I don't think the blame rests with him on that any more than it does for the Angel comic book sucking.

The Variety article says he'll be reworking the existing script. This actually sounds like an excellent idea; give him a solid framework and let him add his trademark banter.

The last comic book movie he was attached to fell through. After his run on Astonishing X-Men, I don't want him anywhere near anything Marvel related again. EVER again.
Finally some else that thinks this. And frankly I don't get why people like Whedon so much anyway, I liked Angel but I never got the big deal about Firefly it was watchable but nothing groundbreaking.

Also you don't want a fan to direct a superhero movie, because in-jokes are fun but at times they can really kill a scene. That and they try to make too much like the comic. Just take Watchmen it is a great companion piece to comic, but as a movie it is really lacking.

His Wonder Woman movies falling through I don't think were his fault. DC's notorious for not knowing how to get their superhero franchises off the ground.

I watched Serenity last night and the guy is nothing short of a phenomenal director and really knows how to bring out individual character in a large cast.

If they get him, that'd be a true showing that the people behind Avengers actually care about the fans and in making a great movie and not just a quick cash in.

Super Moderator
Wedon has a tendency to have his characters reacting to their fantastic circumstances the way fans would react reading or watching it. The characters in-story are making fan-snark and/or being glib about the fact their facing down supernatural creatures or whatever.

It's not clever and most of the time it's not even that funny.

Now Demonic
:redface2: Weeeellllll. Considering that we could have done, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, oh god so much worse, I'm okay with this. I don't mind snarky comments, as long as they are in character.

Super Moderator
It's funny because the above I find both funny and clever. :anime:

So you like it even when the characters should be reacting to something that is for them, happening in real life but they act and talk like they're on a message board?

It would be ok if the entire tone of the piece were meant to be more comedic but as an action/adventure thing that's good maybe for a gag or two. After that it's just kinda off putting because if the characters themselves can't even be bothered to believe it why should we? Nobody waxes sarcastic about genre tropes when they actually think they're in danger.

So far, the Tony Stark we're seeing in Iron Man totally would tho.

As long as it's in character, I'm good.