Lurker
Boo the Lightspeed haterz!!!

Like I said on Rangerboard, a list like that is subjective, everyone will have different favorite seasons so that one list wouldn't satisfy all. Even if putting RPM on there. I suppose MMPR makes the top since it's initial impact is unquestionable compared to the others.

The problem with these kinds of lists is that they often are written by people in order to appeal to the "nostalgia" within their readership, those who probably have no idea that Power Rangers continued past Wild Force,... or In Space,...or "that series with Robot Dinosaurs and that 'awesome' evil Green Ranger," while similarly getting trapped in blind nostalgia themselves often by relying on similar "pure childhood recollections" and little, if any, research outside of photos for the article.

Linkara has himself noticed, that a majority of the people commenting on his History of Power Rangers Series notably stopped watching shortly after the early Saban seasons, or even the very first season, as they "grew up," or "forgot about it," and are quite frankly surprised there was more to Power Rangers then their childhood memories, or pop culture, suggests.

Then there is the difficulty in arranging multiple series of a long running franchise in a list of "worthiness" or "'True' Power Rangers-ness," all together. To give a Doctor Who example, it would be like trying to arrange your favourite incarnations of "the Doctor," or your favourite companions, by numerically valued order. You can't really definitively value these sorts of things that way without overlooking or ignoring aspects, and eventually ending up with a list that is purely subjective in the eyes of the beholder.

That and I kind of have to agree with the popular consensus here, if I was to write such a list, RPM would definitely be on it.

Last edited:
Is not impressed right now...
This guy posted his thoughts on ALL the PR seasons. Pretty decent, but there were definitely some parts I disagreed with (MMPR had the best cast? Mystic Force was one of the best seasons of the NZ era and had likable characters? BWUH?!)

Bandito Shake Cometh
I think a decent case can be made for MMPR without falling back on nostalgia. Tony Oliver did it.

Some kind of Beast mode
Wouldn't something like Top 5, make for a better discussion?

This guy posted his thoughts on ALL the PR seasons. Pretty decent, but there were definitely some parts I disagreed with (MMPR had the best cast? Mystic Force was one of the best seasons of the NZ era and had likable characters? BWUH?!)

That's pretty accurate, yeah. Mystic Force is definitely one of the best Disney-era seasons.

And I don't know if MMPR had the best cast, but it had one of the better ones. DT could have had a better one, but the Red dragged it down.

Fighting For Justice
I have to say that I agree with that list, but I would replace Lightspeed Rescue with SPD.