KRDK in Japan-[DRAGON KNIGHTS] and [DIVE INTO THE MIRROR] CD Albums?!

What are they going to put on the cd? The soundtrack consists of the opening theme and stock, royalty free bg music.

Where did you hear that it was stock music? Last I checked they had an original sound director for the music, though granted some tracks were re-used heavily.

As stated in the opening post there are two CDs. One, "Dragon Knights" which is a "Character Tribute Album" and thus might include an audio drama, or more likely, character songs sung by the voice actors, in both cases fully original from even it's US counterpart. The other, "Dive Into The Mirror," which is a "Remix Album" of the Dragon Knight opening theme, and considering that the original is quite short, and one of the CD versions contains a DVD, it's likely a full-on expansion of the song and music, possibly containing original lyrics.

Neither CD is for the show's soundtrack, though knowing Toei that can't be too far behind.

Bandito Shake Cometh
Oh. That does make more sense, I probably should have read the whole thing. I'm just being snarky about the stock music, but honestly I think it has to be.

I find it funny that the Series bombed in the country it was made for, yet its a hit in the country where they got the footage from.

I'm also cheesed how it only lasted 17 episodes in Germany, yet even they'll apparently get all the episodes on DVD there. The US got much farther into the series than Germany, yet doesn't get shite.

Bandito Shake Cometh
Apparently Germany found a market for Ameri-toku we can't.

Translation of the Tribute Album description:

Character Tribute Album "Dragon Knights"

Kamen Rider Ryuuki's USA Re-Make "Kamen Rider Dragon Knight". As there's been a recent boom in foreign dramas being broadcast, this recent work has famous seiyuu or [rather] in relation to "Kamen Rider" the closely related actors and seiyuu assembled! Because of those popular seiyuu (Suzuki Tasuhisa (Kamen Rider Dragon Knight/Kit Taylor), Matsuda Satoshi (Kamen Rider Wing Knight), Kamiya Hiroshi (Kamen Rider Sting), Sakurai Takahiro (Kamen Rider Axe), Sawashiro Miyuki (Kamen Rider Siren), Sugita Tomokazu (Kamen Rider Strike), Murai Ryouta (Kamen Rider Spear)) this project has a Character Tribute Album!

Translation of the "DIVE INTO THE MIRROR" blurb:

Theme Song "DIVE INTO THE MIRROR"

Kamen Rider Ryuuki's USA Re-make "Kamen Rider Dragon Knight" theme song! Thus far rejecting tokusatsu's anime taste with rock numbers, building up to the series' greatest collaboration Gackt meets up with Ryo who has composed 3 [previous] works stir up the cool American Kamen Rider! (1)

(1) I feel like there's a particle or something missing here somewhere that connect Gackt and Ryo, but this is what I've figured it to mean.

Last edited:
DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
I'm also cheesed how it only lasted 17 episodes in Germany, yet even they'll apparently get all the episodes on DVD there.

Actually, they've only released the first 10 episodes on DVD before it got canned over there.

Amazon.jp has it's entries up:
Dragon Knights
Dive into the Mirror (CD/DVD)
Dive into the Mirror CD

This bit of information is interesting, though it's hard to say whether it is accurate or just tentative:

Dive Into The Mirror
<収録予定内容>
【CD収録曲】
●Dive into the Mirror(仮) 他 全4曲収録予定
【DVD収録内容】
収録内容未定 約5分収録予定

Google translate
"To be incorporated content"
Songs [CD]
● Dive into the Mirror (tentative) All other 4 songs will
Journal content [DVD]
Be incorporated content Journal undecided about 5 minutes

Dragon Knights
【収録曲】収録曲未定 全8曲15ヴァージョン収録予定

Google translate
Songs [8 songs] all 15 songs be incorporated untitled version

So there does seem to a good number of tracks to be found in these things.

Found a clip of Dragon Knight from the TV-Asahi broadcast, which in addition to the show they also seem to have "KRDK Fact File" bits, the first one plays "Dive into the Mirror" in the background. (The band's name is "Defspiral" apparently)

Check it out:
Youtube

Last edited:
More of the song (or at least a "clearer" version) is used in a short "introduction" to the show, likely goes on prior to the start of the show or right after the actual opening credits.

It's still a cool opening, just the same:
Youtube

Anyone able to figure out the lyrics?

Last edited: