Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they are going to do an Epic 0. Even though in Epic 1 it was explained that the angels where in training to protect the earth,I think it would be nice to see why each were chosen by their respective tribes to begin with.

Good idea for the movie. ^.^
Why not steal another idea from Kamen Rider.

I sorta doubt it. Goseiger is going for the "in media res" sort of beginning that was a bit more common in some older Super Sentai. I imagine the plan is to reveal more about the Goseigers later on in the show, after hooking viewers with cool fighting and a basic snapshot of how their personalities play off of each other.

Yes there are bound to be focus episodes that show how the others became Goseigers

Old man or woman important to a Goseiger- Reach the heavens!

Goseiger- that's when I decided to be a Goseiger!.

俺はドラスデイックの男
241qtg3.png

People on board: OH DEAR CHRIST! WTF!???

Looks like the Gosei Machine Heads were fusing vehicles and beasts into hybrid. Somehow it reminds me in Transformers "HEAD ON!" thingy in my mind. :coolshades:

Eye See You
- When was the last time we saw a fight in the snow? I think it was Boukenger.

Yeah, I believe it was BoukenRed vs. Ryuown in one of the earlier episodes.

why isin't the little boy effected by The Memory Wash card?

Good question. Maybe it'll be revealed that he is also a GoseiAngel that was brought to Earth ala Nick in PRMF.

From what I've seen of Goseigers, it's going to be more serious that what you see in a Sentai show. Normally this is the tone for the Rider Series.

:castlerock:

241qtg3.png

People on board: OH DEAR CHRIST! WTF!???

:laugh:

Finally got around to watching the first episode.

I'm really torn on this show. I really like how the action choreography is shot. The stuntwork in the first episode was legitimately impressive. I appreciate the old-school touch of having the heroes ostentatiously befriend a kid in the target demographic. The old-school weirdness of the katamari monster was fun, too. The cards aren't a dealbreaker at all.

I'm not liking the characters here much, though. Red is a good character on paper but the actor just isn't pulling it off. I like Blue and Pink quite well, especially since Pink seems to be the Angel of Getting **** Done. The Landicks are pretty off-putting, especially since Black's actor sucks pretty hard but he's having to read lines that require some nuance to say without sounding like a complete asshole.

The villains are a huge disappointment thus far. I mean, they're just utterly void of personality, they're not entertaining at all. Fun monsters of the week could make up for this but I really hope we're not stuck with just the three giant insect douchebags for the whole series.

I plan on watching a few more episodes, but right now I'm kinda fifty-fifty on this show. I probably would've dropped it right off the bat if I hadn't liked the action sequences so much, so it's good to hear that the show stays fighty. That's what it's best at so far.

Just give it time. I always say it's best to wait until the first arc is done atleast.

Nice post!!
Generally I'll watch until going through episodes sours my mood significantly. I'm not at that point yet!

But this show isn't as much of a fast-grab as Shinkenger or W. (Which both, admittedly, had extraordinarily good first episodes.)

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Am I the only one not feeling the opening? It is just so devoid of energy :/ I mean if you compare it to the last three Sentai openings we got this one is almost a snooze fest!

I need to take time to see the rest of the first episode because the GoseiGreat 'fight' REALLY didn't impress me either. My god can you make it any LESS exciting?! It felt like watching RPM instead of Sentai! Gah! The final attack was so anticlimactic! There was no struggle with the monster at all and the delivery on the actor's part was outshined by the frickin' talking changer!

Nice post!!
I like the Goseiger theme as an insert for fighting, but between the weird tempo and the reaaaally boring OP video... yeah, there's not a lot of energy there.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I like the Goseiger theme as an insert for fighting, but between the weird tempo and the reaaaally boring OP video... yeah, there's not a lot of energy there.

Bouken, Geki, Go-on and Shinken all had exciting themes with a great beat and lots of movement in the opening and very interesting instrumental choices.

This one is so mellow... feels more like something out of the Space Sheriff series. :laugh: or Kamen Rider if they DIDN'T want to sell ten thousand CDs.

Heck it would fit better as a frickin' ending song!

Sentai opening should be full of energy! Like the last four, like the first Rescue Fire opening...damn that thing was hot blooded.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
I can't remember what the OP looks or sounds like right now. That's not a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.