HEROW
I doubt Ishinomori would've been able to get the rights back in the singular case, ending up more like Gundam did with Tomino. But I doubt he would've cared. He was always about creating more and moving forward.

I agree! :castlerock:

Kamen Rider was commissioned specifically by Toei. I doubt Ishinomori would've been able to get the rights back in the singular case, ending up more like Gundam did with Tomino. But I doubt he would've cared. He was always about creating more and moving forward.

I personally think Go Nagai is not only a stronger creator, but will end up with a more impressive body of work. But they're all up there with the big ones: Osamu Tezuka, Go Nagai, Ishinomori Shotaro, Yoshiyuki Tomino, and Hiyao Miyazaki.

That's a very good point. One of the reasons Nagai is one of the creators I give a damn about today!

The newer postmortem works based on Tezuka, Ishinomori, etc., never quite measured up, IMHO.

Kamen Rider was commissioned specifically by Toei. I doubt Ishinomori would've been able to get the rights back in the singular case, ending up more like Gundam did with Tomino. But I doubt he would've cared. He was always about creating more and moving forward.

I personally think Go Nagai is not only a stronger creator, but will end up with a more impressive body of work. But they're all up there with the big ones: Osamu Tezuka, Go Nagai, Ishinomori Shotaro, Yoshiyuki Tomino, and Hiyao Miyazaki.

Agreed! Those guys are all legends in anime and one of them is a legend in tokusatsu as well. Got to love these guys who really revolutionized anime.

If Shotaro Ishinomori was around, Decade would have been 10x more badass then it was.

In some points, yes. He would've approved or disapprove anythin' in that show. AAAANNNNDDD... His presence could've made all of those ex-KR actors to return for action.

10 times 0 is still 0 ;)

In some points, I agree with this too. But then with Ishinomori-sensei around, anything can happen.

The newer postmortem works based on Tezuka, Ishinomori, etc., never quite measured up, IMHO.

QFT.

Well, nothing really beats the original. :thumbs:

AGREED!:buttrock:

In some points, yes. He would've approved or disapprove anythin' in that show. AAAANNNNDDD... His presence could've made all of those ex-KR actors to return for action.
The actors do not care who is in charge of the show. What they care about is the paycheque. Sure, there are some who loved working with the show. But they ain't gonna do it for free, and it is Toei who decides if they want to have them back or not. It is not exactly cheap to hire them, and most of them have moved on to do other work

Don't forget that Toei actually WANTED to bring back the original Heisei Riders for the Decade movie, but were unable to manage it due to different reasons, which is why we got the Showa/Heisei team-up.

Its not like we always got old actors back in Ishinomori's time either. Stronger was the last series to show all the old actors together, after that, the cameos of old actors started to become less.
Fujioka only did voice-acting from Sky-Rider and onwards. In ZX we got 3-4 old actors returning, while old sound recordings were used for most of the other Riders.
In RX we got none of the old actors back. We got some horrible voice actors who didn't even come close to the originals.

When it comes to hiring actors, time and money always play the biggest role.

Senshi no Hikari
i say this topic is like saying if Mr kill em all was still going gundam
Kr is Ishi sensei's child and since the man died his Child as Wipped chaned and Branded and Mistreated like Junko Furata[sorry for the Bad taste reference] and gundam has been even worst because now instend of leaving the UC alone the newer directors have analily raped the UC time time by making the stuff in the time line that crosses over to the first gundams like 08 ms team is sursoed to be a link between Gundam first and Zeta and no wb crew members get talked about and char[quajra Bujina] is never mentioned
so why have i brought up gundam on a toku website because the only thing
comperes to what the new KR production crew and writers have done to ishi sensei's work is the same as the newer gundam dirctors have done to Mr Kill em all work

@ Scissors: That may be true but look at this, Joji Yuuki's original actor was replaced due to the actor died before the show began.

Eye See You
I think if Ishinomori was still alive Kamen Rider would probally be in the same state as it is today considering times are alot different and the toy sales are #1. But that's just my opinion.