Tho, what you said was relevant to both ROTF and Dragon Knight. They're both bad in a lot of similar ways.

Say that again and you will totally loose 70000 respect points from me for such post. Man! Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is so awesome and in fact, it showed us a lot of life values that you and I would be hooked in and also with the way they delivered it.

Examples:
-Sam became the "True Friend" figure.
-Gandalf as the "Wise Counselor"
-Aragorn as the "King of the Brave Warriors"
-Frodo, the "Faithful to the Cause" guy.

Anything else? If not (I hate to do this but)...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kI98U9NCEA[/ame]

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
He wasn't talking about Return of the King, he was talking about Revenge of the Fallen...

y3k

Magnificent Bastard
I sometimes have absolutely no good reason why I love something. In DK's case, there was more of it that I liked than I didn't like, despite problems with acting, production, etc. Are there things I would have changed if I was the one in charge of it? Of course. The actress playing Maya, for instance. Geez. But I still enjoyed watching it, and with the exception of the last episode, which should have been a 5-minute long epilogue, the last few episodes, especially, were a lot of fun.

I can also see where you're coming from with most of your arguments, however. I don't feel offended that you didn't like something I did like, especially with such well laid-out reasons behind that. I also don't have much in the way of rebuttal, especially as sleep-deprived as I am right now. Gimme a week or so, and I might get back to you. :laugh:

Huh. HJU must be way different then I remember it then. Kudos.

Lurker
Pretty much there are differences between the two essays

SPD: Basically just yourself theorizing out a disturbing concept of SPD to a group that saw PR as nothing worth thinking hard over (ironic for a discussion board) considering its history with loose consistency

VS

Dragon Knight: A show that had no bad background before production that was highly anticipated in this board with contacts to the show's creators. However, in this case the essay is detailing not just thoughts but actual facts from the show to back them up to those supporting the show yet seeing these flaws in action.

I'm surprised you're saddened to not receive harsh treatment . Probably write something bad about RPM, that'll get some rise.

Bandito Shake Cometh
It's really suprising no one is reaming you out for your thoughts on DK. And to think 3 weeks ago Keith was cheering on some dude who was calling me a child and incapable of understanding complex human emotion when I asked why Siren was the only rider injured after leaving the void.

Anything else? If not (I hate to do this but)...
The jigs up, we all know you love posting that video.

I don't think I blinked once throughout the entirety of Return of the King.

^You may or may not ignore my last post posted right there. Anyways, ROTF is awesome man, you wouldn't ignore the fact that they made the Transformers LAMs graphically realistic even though it is clear to us who knew the mechanics of the US CGI-filled fims that those bots were all made up with CGI. (As obvious to those who had the knowledge).

Now if it weren't for the hard effort mastering it, do you think they won't make this movie that successful even though the critics hated it?

Quality and Quantity of Fans beats the Quality of critics.
Look at this way, assuming that there are 5000 Americans live in every kilometer there in the US, they got around 4750 Quality Quantity fans where the critics are only Quality 250, well? Who would win?

Similarly, the same applies to KRDK in a worldwide basis.

y3k

Magnificent Bastard
Quality and Quantity of Fans beats the Quality of critics.
Look at this way, assuming that there are 5000 Americans live in every kilometer there in the US, they got around 4750 Quality Quantity fans where the critics are only Quality 250, well? Who would win?

Similarly, the same applies to KRDK in a worldwide basis.

Well I mean, 5+5=10, but I don't see how that really does anything.