Bandito Shake Cometh
Tho, what you said was relevant to both ROTF and Dragon Knight. They're both bad in a lot of similar ways.

Lurker
Jesus Christ, am I the only one who liked that movie?

No, plenty of people liked it, seeing the reaction on the TFW2005 forums. However most of these were the ones butthurt that the movie got a low review by Ebert and other critics. That was a fun moment.

I just feel like harping on Michael Bay is the IN thing to do.

I enjoy most of the stuff he's done.

They're big action packed explosive fests, and I love them for it.

Just feels like people bring all of the little niggles and problesm WAY up to the forefront, where you cant see the good stuff over these little flaws.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
If it doesn't fit within a twitter post it wasn't that important to begin with, now was it?!

Heaven help us all when that happens. Lord of the Rings in two sentences!! :laugh:

I enjoy most of the stuff he's done.

They're big action packed explosive fests, and I love them for it.

Just feels like people bring all of the little niggles and problesm WAY up to the forefront, where you cant see the good stuff over these little flaws.

I didn't *dislike* the movie, but I really have no inclination to see it again or buy it. I have a good friend who is a huge Transformers fan who sorta liked it, but didn't like the distribution of the different parts. I.E, too many humans, not enough robots. :p Not to mention *which* robots got the main focus... But once you go there, no two people are ever going to agree what should have been in there. :laugh:

Bandito Shake Cometh

Michael Bay's work ranges from mediocre to god awful. Critics have been panning his films long before it was the in thing to do. And for the record, I wanted to like ROTF. I thought the first movie was, okay, and had high hopes. It was the most miserable movie experience i've ever had. And I paid to see Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie. I paid to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop. ROTF wins by a mile. Scuba Dooba Doo.

Heaven help us all when that happens. Lord of the Rings in two sentences!! :laugh:
Talk about an epic 2 sentences!

y3k

Magnificent Bastard
Talk about an epic 2 sentences!

Eh. It dragged on a bit.

...on another note, a little disappointed, guys. When my 'SPD is totalitarian' essay trickled here back in 07, everyone bitched like I shot their grandma, and it wasn't even inflammatory, it was fanwanking! Yet this week I post a HIGHLY inflammatory essay bashing KRDK and torching the fandom a bit, and...nothing. Silence. Honestly, I expected something more then PA's discovery of hardcover books.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
I sometimes have absolutely no good reason why I love something. In DK's case, there was more of it that I liked than I didn't like, despite problems with acting, production, etc. Are there things I would have changed if I was the one in charge of it? Of course. The actress playing Maya, for instance. Geez. But I still enjoyed watching it, and with the exception of the last episode, which should have been a 5-minute long epilogue, the last few episodes, especially, were a lot of fun.

I can also see where you're coming from with most of your arguments, however. I don't feel offended that you didn't like something I did like, especially with such well laid-out reasons behind that. I also don't have much in the way of rebuttal, especially as sleep-deprived as I am right now. Gimme a week or so, and I might get back to you. :laugh: