Books Favourite books as a kid?

Harry potter obviously and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes:D

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

(Forgive me, I'm new to the reading world(I've not read enough books)(English is my second language, I may not be so articulate) The old London setting, Holmes's ingenuity and mystery. I liked the way all facts seemed fuzzy and then Holmes revealed his chain of thoughts and everything seemed to settle down. His way of thinking appealed a lot to me.

What drew you to Sherlock Holmes?

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Harry Potter will always be a given. I started reading the series when I was 12, though, and that's like puberty stage already. My elementary years were filled with Sweet Valley, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, R.L. Stine and Goosebumps novels. Yes, I was the typical kid of the 90s. The young adult genres appealed more to me than heavy historical romance novels, which I did not start reading until I was 13.

I read Enid Blyton a lot but then I used to read widely so a lot of mysteries I have read.

Goosebumps, Nancy Drew, The 3 Musketeers comes to mind.

As a kid, I read a lot of books. My father was a journalist. He was a reader. and book collector. He bought books for himself, for mother and for children. I read Aesop fables, Grim Brother tales, Anderson's stories as well as Panchantra. Panchantra was a book of fables from Hindu religion and it was my favorite.