You guys aren't thinking about it from Toei's prospective. They were going on a normal path from Kuuga-Kabuto. and then Den-O came out. Because of the imagin, It's 100% original concept of a boy who becomes a Kamen Rider with the help of four rebellious group of the excat same monsters he's fighting. And the slapstick comedy is a breath of fresh air instead of the generic the world is ending or the power ranger ****. In case you guys haven't noticed because of Den-O popularity and it's ablility to bring in a new audience of KR fans. Den-O single handedly secured the future of Kamen Rider. With the profit Toei is making, Movies, Toys, Anime. Hell! Do you know I cannot fucking find the Den-O DX henshin Belt except this one guy on ebay. and Den-O is a great show. The character develpoment is crappy but it's still one of the best KR shows next to Faiz,Kiva,Stronger and Amazon. as for the response of VengenceGod. I agree. There isn't a very wide open-minded audience in the American KR fanbase. I'm opened minded myself. I like a good show and I know comdey is a factor in a good Kamen Rider series.

It's also thanks to Den-O that W has a light feeling. This is where Toei wants to take Kamen Rider into the next decade, by changing it's direction from dark & serious to light.

Mad Skillz
fad? that's hardly true of fans like myself who enjoyed it during it's run and even to the present day with the same amount of enthusiasm. it was unique, it went against the grain, and in a lot of ways, it was better for doing so
It may have gone against the grain of Kamen Rider shows, but it's something that has been on the rise in tokusatsu with Ryukendo and Sazer X (which did the whole time travel concept much better) coming before it did.

Eye See You
My hatred for Den-O has nothing to do with the 56 movies it has or it being a fad. I enjoyed the storyline and some of the characters. It was just the unfunny idiot comedy that ruined it for me. Comedy can be done right just look at Double.

It's also thanks to Den-O that W has a light feeling. This is where Toei wants to take Kamen Rider into the next decade, by changing it's direction from dark & serious to light.

Actually I would say that W has a little bit of everything. There is a nice balance. It can be deadly serious or it can be funny as hell when it wants to.
And you can't really compare the humour in W with the one in Den-O.
The humour we are getting in W is actually quite clever. Something we can relate to, and something we don't get tired of.

There is a huge difference between seeing 4 rubber suits hit each other on a train, and seeing normal human characters being put into funny situations. W is not doing it over-the-top, and when it does, it never gets dragged out.

No, I do not want an all "dark and serious" Rider show. I am actually quite a big fan of shows like Ryukendo, which went way over the top sometimes. But it totally depends on the mood and how it is placed. Ryukendo was pretty much a toku-parody, which worked for me, and the actors did it so well that it was hard not to enjoy.

In Den-O, you had the exact same thing going on with the Taros EVERY single episode. And seeing them fight got really REALLY boring after a while. It was funny seeing Momo and Ura fight in the first episodes, but after Ryuu was introduced, it just became too much.

Everyone have their own taste in humour. I am the kind of person who likes humour in form of dialogue. I don't find it funny to see people hit each other with different objects. It can give me a chuckle to begin with, but then I really want to move on.

Rider Dodge
Dont get me wrong, i like comedy. w's humor never fails to crack me up. and ive enjoyed the first few episodes of den-o myself. but it tends to be more on the repetitive side. rather than coming up with new ideas. every other episode its momo getting punked by ryuu, momo getting b*tchslapped by hana.. momo this, momo that..

i agree toei broke the ice with den-o and they have my admiration for that. but then is it too much to ask for a SOLID storyline? some people actually care about the show's story, not just watch it coz its funny and fresh. all the CGI and flashy animations wont cover for something thats lacking a competent story.

in a way ill say W is how toei shouldve gone with den-o. :thumbs:

Everybody has their own taste, it just so happens there are a lot of us who thinks the hype for those series are justifiable since we all agree that THEY ARE the best the Heisei era has got to offer as of now, and apparently, only you as far as I can remember did not feel the same.
I do think that Kuuga and Agito are great...but they are also very simple. which is also great. but what's wrong with Den-O...I love it cause of what it is. of course I'm an open minded person when it comes to shows. but when I read about how Kuuga and Agito are the gratest thing ever...I expected something huge...but it disappoint cause it is not what I expected. maybe cause of the simple story, but I'm loving it. heck, I love all Kamen Riders. I loved Kabuto and people bash on Kabuto too...I loved kiva...some people bash on kiva...what's wrong with having a rider that instead of pure 100% drama you get 85% comedy and 15% drama. and to me, all riders have a great story that they fit and all riders have great character development

begging to differ... kuuga/agito was anything but all hype. solid storylines, terrific character development, minimal plotholes, even distribution of characters, AND THOSE NOW FORGOTTEN BIKE SCENES!!!! these were series who were meant to be watched and mulled over, not a series where u watch just cos its funny and u see cool looking guys in costumes.

a lot of guys ive noticed were put off with kuuga for its lack of flair. minimal CGI and flashy animations hence they tend to see it as boring.

as for den-o, again, too much of something can be bad.. true, den-o (more like momo actually) became toei's official cash cow. but jeez.. it really gets kinda old.. :shakefist

I really don't care much about the CGI and the lack of colors, that's not what I liked about Den-O or any other rider. I don't think there are plotholes in Kuuga or Agito, and I don't think there are plotholes...or not many on Den-O and Kiva...there are on Kabuto...well kinda...but there are.

Momo becaue Toei's cash cow cause everyone liked Momotaros. just like I love all main riders just because of their badassness...except for Ryotaros, I like him cause he is a simple guy.

people just hate on Den-O cause of Ryotaro is not your normal young adult who is a normal badass...or your normal teen that is a weirdo that fits on the badass place. but that's what I liked about him. he was almost a normal, everyday dude who got a belt.

Dont get me wrong, i like comedy. w's humor never fails to crack me up. and ive enjoyed the first few episodes of den-o myself. but it tends to be more on the repetitive side. rather than coming up with new ideas. every other episode its momo getting punked by ryuu, momo getting b*tchslapped by hana.. momo this, momo that..

i agree toei broke the ice with den-o and they have my admiration for that. but then is it too much to ask for a SOLID storyline? some people actually care about the show's story, not just watch it coz its funny and fresh. all the CGI and flashy animations wont cover for something thats lacking a competent story.

in a way ill say W is how toei shouldve gone with den-o. :thumbs:

for the story, dude (Ryotaro) that is not affected by time change is put in a situation where monsters called imagin controlled by someone that wants to take over time itself. but some of his imagin betray him and 4 happen to get into main dude's body (cause of his bad luck) soon after he can be possed by 4 of these monsters with different personality and different powers and attacks that help him in battle. later on the series the monsters start to disappear, witch makes the main character to train, soon when everything is fine. you find out the big plan of the bad guy....to kill yuuto. but he was wrong...he needed to kill someone else who does not exist yet, but she does not exist because Ryotaro does not remember that his sister is pregnant with hana. this causes change in time where the sister is not pregnant because after time was deleted once, it came back again because Ryotaro remembers how time was, so now the bad guy learns that Ryotaro's sister was pregnant, and that she is the only thing that is keeping the future alive...because of her unborn future baby, if he kills the sister he will take over time

the story is alright for a comedy I guess

My hatred for Den-O has nothing to do with the 56 movies it has or it being a fad. I enjoyed the storyline and some of the characters. It was just the unfunny idiot comedy that ruined it for me. Comedy can be done right just look at Double.

wait...Double is funny? so all that weird moments are meant to be funny, I rather have idiot comedy then, cause I see W as a detective story that it should have almost no comedy. now if the comedy is when shotaro makes his funny face...then yes....but when that annoying piece of **** that they have for boss...yes that little 10 year old *****...hits him with a green sandal...no its not funny...its annoying, I would quit and work alone...cause I would end up killing that *****.

still...besides all that, W is awesome....he puts the W in aWesome

Rider Dodge
I do think that Kuuga and Agito are great...but they are also very simple. which is also great. but what's wrong with Den-O...I love it cause of what it is. of course I'm an open minded person when it comes to shows. but when I read about how Kuuga and Agito are the gratest thing ever...I expected something huge...but it disappoint cause it is not what I expected. maybe cause of the simple story, but I'm loving it. heck, I love all Kamen Riders. I loved Kabuto and people bash on Kabuto too...I loved kiva...some people bash on kiva...what's wrong with having a rider that instead of pure 100% drama you get 85% comedy and 15% drama. and to me, all riders have a great story that they fit and all riders have great character development

actually if you watched kuuga you'll notice it has quite a complex storyline.. nowhere near simple. esp when ultimate form went on a rampage and godai discovered his powers which he used to protect all smiles could very well be the power to destroy them all.

people just hate on Den-O cause of Ryotaro is not your normal young adult who is a normal badass...or your normal teen that is a weirdo that fits on the badass place. but that's what I liked about him. he was almost a normal, everyday dude who got a belt.

so was kenzaki, godai, takumi and shinji. hell, its been on since the showa era, they were all just normal everyday dudes who happened to be captured by evil guys and turned into superhumans. nothing new on that aspect

In Den-O, you had the exact same thing going on with the Taros EVERY single episode. And seeing them fight got really REALLY boring after a while. It was funny seeing Momo and Ura fight in the first episodes, but after Ryuu was introduced, it just became too much.

Everyone have their own taste in humour. I am the kind of person who likes humour in form of dialogue. I don't find it funny to see people hit each other with different objects. It can give me a chuckle to begin with, but then I really want to move on.

so that' was funny? I find other parts of den-o funny, when I saw the fights...it only showed me how much they hated each other at first. besides that. I really din't think that was funny. and it was their character development how they went from hatred to brotherhood where they respect and live with each other...and care for each other, you notice that at the end when Uro and Kin sacrifice them selfs for their friends, and Ryo is sad...and so is momo. witch showed they went from hatred to care

funny parts where when they talked to each other and insulted each other, and what they did when they took over Ryotaro's body

W is funny...but is not HAHA! funny...its clever...it is that. I just hate that little girl...want her dead...soon.