Status
Not open for further replies.
Owner of the "Queen" Memory
You boys just don't get it.

Emphasis on BOYS.

Agreed.

Also my FAMILY put out a **** ton of money for my ***** cousin's wedding, yet won't spare a dime on me. If I have to scrimp and save and sacrifice I will get the wedding I want. I've already cut a **** ton of corners and I'm making EVERYTHING myself. It's bullshit for someone to pull this **** on me.

Sorry to hear about your financial troubles, FQ-san, especially on an event this important.

And while I mean NOT to sound like a hopeless romantic but...

Here are my two cents on weddings.

Weddings are events that cement the question when the significant other pops the question. When a wedding date is announced, that's the day when the couple will begin to spend the rest of their lives together, not as boyfriend/girlfriend or as fiancees, but as husband and wife. Weddings do tend to be expensive (I've been in 4-5 weddings myself), but I've always had good memories with the weddings.

Weddings can be expensive, but in my opinion, those are truly some of the best events you can get invited to. Even though you may end up crying and depressed that you still haven't found a significant other... :(

I wish you the best of of luck, FQ-san, and I sincerely apologize if I hadn't said it before, but congrats on you and LunaTrigger's wedding! :thumbs:

Sorry to hear about your financial troubles, FQ-san, especially on an event this important.

And while I mean NOT to sound like a hopeless romantic but...

Here are my two cents on weddings.

Weddings are events that cement the question when the significant other pops the question. When a wedding date is announced, that's the day when the couple will begin to spend the rest of their lives together, not as boyfriend/girlfriend or as fiancees, but as husband and wife. Weddings do tend to be expensive (I've been in 4-5 weddings myself), but I've always had good memories with the weddings.

Weddings can be expensive, but in my opinion, those are truly some of the best events you can get invited to. Even though you may end up crying and depressed that you still haven't found a significant other... :(

I wish you the best of of luck, FQ-san, and I sincerely apologize if I hadn't said it before, but congrats on you and LunaTrigger's wedding! :thumbs:

Thanks hun, and the thing that's pissing me off the most is my cousin's wedding was over 10 grand and my family never batted an eyelash. I've got mine planned down to the last letter, making everything, and i won't be spending over $3000 and that includes the venue rental. I'm doing everything to make this perfect AND perfectly cheap... and yet apparently i'm still getting fucked.

I wish I could do something to help, but the only thing I can do is say good luck, and wish everything goes your way.

Gah. Sometimes I just don't like being a college student... Times like these are when I wish I had a job. An actual PAYING job. :(

S

scikaiju

On a slightly different note, I just realized today was my thirteenth anniversary at work, on the thirteenth of the month too lol

Comments like this are what I can't stand from some women. How can you tell what the measure of a man is if you don't have a penis?

Because it's what a man means to US. True men understand how much a wedding means to some women and wouldn't suggest otherwise.

My first marriage was a "courthouse" style and I majorly regretted it. I'm doing things how I want this time, but I'm being reasonable and extremely thrifty about it. I shouldn't have to shortchange something important to me because of a fucker trying to screw me over

Also on the flipside, how can you speak on weddings without a vagina? You can, but we will stand on different sides of it most likely. It's the same with the measure of a "real man". Don't need the genitals to measure it, we will just have differing opinions.

On a slightly different note, I just realized today was my thirteenth anniversary at work, on the thirteenth of the month too lol

Creepy!!!

I've always felt my birthday was a jinx 7/13, lucky month and unlucky day -_-

I wanna fly high....
Because it's what a man means to US. True men understand how much a wedding means to some women and wouldn't suggest otherwise.

My point is one shouldn't say things like that if they're not the opposite sex. It's like telling a computer science major, "I know what an array is" when you're a communication major.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
I've always felt my birthday was a jinx 7/13, lucky month and unlucky day -_-

Heh, that's my sister's anniversary. :laugh:

My point is one shouldn't say things like that if they're not the opposite sex. It's like telling a computer science major, "I know what an array is" when you're a communication major.

But... I was a communication studies major, and I know what an array is... :loltongue:

It's nowhere near the same thing. Also it's within a woman's full right ot call a man a boy if he does something stupid. It is a way of saying a man is acting of an intelligence or maturity level below what he should be. It's like telling a girl not to act like a *****. By your logic, no man should ever be able to call a woman a *****. We'll stop calling men boys when they're stupid, when men stop calling women bitches when they are stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.