Sometimes things get complicated.
They were very good. According to Wikipedia, The Young Master was the film to dethrone Bruce Lee's box office records. He was at one of the heights of his popularity, so that wouldn't suprise me in the least. Besides, Bruce Lee's flicks were released back in 1971-73. The Young Master was released in 1980.

RISEN DEMON
Yeah guys...sadly its true.

I heard Sammo saying that the Prodigal Son was new to the genre because it focused on a new style (Wing Chun) I am sure this contributed to the popularity of it.

Wow...taking away the box office from BRUCE?? I have never been a Bruce Lee fan...at least of his movies AMAZING martial artist though but DANG!!! Thats a lot MOOLAH!!

RISEN DEMON
Bruce's movies to me seemed to be all the same. He goes in, kicks MAJOR butt and thats that. It doesn't seem like there is any growth of the charecter, no hardships, no nothing. Granted thats not always a bad thing, but its just that ALL of his movies were like that. Again, I LOVE him as a martial artist but his movies? Just not my style.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Bruce Lee is a classic Martial arts and his skill was amazing. I loved five film, especially Enter The Dragon.

RISEN DEMON
Bruce Lee is a classic Martial arts and his skill was amazing. I loved five film, especially Enter The Dragon.

There is no doubting that, its just that his movies all seemed the same to me. Guy walks in and beats everyone...the end...

I know where you're coming from with that. Usually 36th Chamber of Shaolin or The Prodigal Son, for example, are viewed as classier films because they focus a big chunk of the film on training. But the reason Bruce Lee's film always stay on par with them as well, is his charisma and complete intensity on film.

I mean come on! No one looks better in slow mo. . .

RISEN DEMON
I mean come on! No one looks better in slow mo. . .

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I will admit to that. But yeah, I always enjoy seeing the hero rise to new heights like we always have to in real life. Also...since I train...I like seeing what the hero does to train...lol

I get that. But as a martial artist, that you are, you appreciate that more than most people just looking for some good kickass fights. In reality, you have a more refined taste.

Angela Mao = HOTTT and kicks ass :buttrock: ...all you kung fu/toku fans should check out The Battle Wizard too