Black Version
Got a PS3 for christmas from my wife with the Uncharted/extra controller pack. Gotta say, the thing was a HUGE pain in the ass to set up-- why on earth do they make you set it up with standard video before you can set up the HDMI output? Who the hell is getting a PS3 to hook up to a SDTV, seriously? And thanks for making that system update break the video output so I had to start all over, Sony. I really appreciate that. Not to mention finding out that "OOOH, I'M A FAAANCY CONSOLE, I DON'T LIIIKE ROUTING MY OUTPUT THROUGH AN HDMI SWITCHER." Grrrrr.

I am generally a Microsoft hater, but the 360 was roughly a zillion times easier to get going. Hopefully it'll be worth it to have my Bluray setup.

why on earth do they make you set it up with standard video before you can set up the HDMI output?

you... don't. XD
unless they changed something in the slim model you shouldn't have had to do that.

Really it sounds like an issue with the switcher. It may be interfereing with the PS3s auto detection, because usually when you turn it on, even if it was set up to SD on another tv and then moved to HDMI, it will launch with an HDMI detection screen and ask if you want to use that.

Kagayaki Power
christmas haul list! :D

ff13 (ps3)
ffgaiden hikari no 4 senshi (ds)
rorona no atelier (ps3)

wow......no english games >.>

Black Version
It was an issue with a couple of things; it didn't like going through the switcher, and it didn't like being on my Smart Power strip. It took ages to get it all configured and after that, a hell of a long time to get the surround sound output to play with my receiver (which was more a matter of tweaking my receiver's output, ultimately, but still, annoying!).

Sony fails at ease-of-use. I've never had a single component take as long to set up as the PS3. Grrrr. You'd better be worth it, PS3.

It was an issue with a couple of things; it didn't like going through the switcher, and it didn't like being on my Smart Power strip. It took ages to get it all configured and after that, a hell of a long time to get the surround sound output to play with my receiver (which was more a matter of tweaking my receiver's output, ultimately, but still, annoying!).

Sony fails at ease-of-use. I've never had a single component take as long to set up as the PS3. Grrrr. You'd better be worth it, PS3.

my set up was done in under 5 minutes... guess its different for different setups.

Bought a copy of Lucky Star: Net Idol Meister for the Sony PSP..Really wacky game..:laugh:

Final Fantasy 13 (JP version), gonna play it at a friend's place before getting my own PS3! :buttrock:

942007_92974_front.jpg

Need I say more?

In Justice, We Trust!
929232_68845_front.jpg

I don't have high expectations for this game, but hey I picked it up dirt cheap at work.