shinkenchange!starninger!
i have a antistatic strap, i want to put in the modchip for the wii, where do i connect the antistatic strap on the wii so i dont ruin the hardware?

...why would you want to hard mod your Wii? The soft mods are so incredibly easy and are just as good, if not better, than a hard mod.

...why would you want to hard mod your Wii? The soft mods are so incredibly easy and are just as good, if not better, than a hard mod.

^This

Additionally, softmodding can easily be reversed if you need to send it in for repairs. While hardmodding your Wii is easier than hardmodding most systems, it's just paying money for something that can be done for free... or at most the cost of a rental.

shinkenchange!starninger!
that alot of things i dont have is reason i cant softmod my wii, i think it's less expensive to me, to hard mod mine which im worried about because i dont static electricity to ruin the hardware, i see alot of tuturials when people arent using antistatic wrist straps but i dont want to take a chance with that.

thats why im asking this.

I am the law
^This

Additionally, softmodding can easily be reversed if you need to send it in for repairs. While hardmodding your Wii is easier than hardmodding most systems, it's just paying money for something that can be done for free... or at most the cost of a rental.

Although if any evidence of the system being modded is found it will be returned to you. NOA doesn't do anything with modded systems anymore.

Although if any evidence of the system being modded is found it will be returned to you. NOA doesn't do anything with modded systems anymore.

So like Unmei said, soft mods are easily reversible and look no different from normal Wii's. Its a simple as deleting all traces of your homebrew apps. I've had it done and seen it done multiple times on my campus.

that alot of things i dont have is reason i cant softmod my wii, i think it's less expensive to me, to hard mod mine which im worried about because i dont static electricity to ruin the hardware, i see alot of tuturials when people arent using antistatic wrist straps but i dont want to take a chance with that.

thats why im asking this.

If anything Hardmods are MORE expensive than soft mods. All you need for a soft mod is a SD and 10 minutes of your time to copy and paste a couple of .rar's onto the SD card. Simple as that.

Very true, and if people don't know the proper way to uninstall it, it's very easily traceable. Not to mention the excess wear on the dvd drive if people are using it for piracy is pretty noticeable. Though that's the same with soft or hard modding.

Nintendo needs to make their consoles region free already, cuts back on any legitimate reasons for modding, and it's just convenient.