Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
Ah hah! I've seen shows with characters named Kaoru in them (GARO, for instance) and it's always been a girl, so I wondered... I just thought it might be like Makoto, which seems to be a name that can go for either gender.

Its an interesting twist... not to mention a woman being the real ShinkenRed, that would definately be a first for Sentai.

Its probably a false claim to the throne to add some drama, the others will refuse to follow this other ShinkenRed and she'll be proved a false claimant and go away. Or it could be that Kaoru is a cousin and she actually is meant to be next Lord, but only if Takeru is dead or unable to fight. Also if Genta could create his own Shinkenger powers, then anyone just as smart and with knowledge of the Shiba Family and Shinkenger, could do the same.

As for the Takeru reveal, I always thought it might be revealed that Takeru was adopted by the Shiba Clan. It wouldn't make him a liar or any less the son and true 18th Lord of the Shiba family, but it would add a layer to his character and explain a lot of his somewhat schizotypal behavior.

Still it'd be kind of pointless to introduce such game changing plot twists this late when they can't really do much to explore how it effects everybody involved if it is the truth. It would be such a waste of a rich storyline that could have been explored throughout the series. :disappoin

Red Falcon
http://www.stardust.co.jp/profile/natsuiruna.html

This girl will be acting as Kaoru according to the scan...so let's just assume Takeru slogged his ass out for 40+ episodes just to reveal that he's actually just a shadow of the real Shinken Red who is a girl.

What,Takeru's dad had a marital affair outside?
Common, i don't watch 40+ episodes of Shinkenger just to watch a girl who suddenly is the REAL lord and hence the real ShinkenRed >>

IStill it'd be kind of pointless to introduce such game changing plot twists this late when they can't really do much to explore how it effects everybody involved if it is the truth. It would be such a waste of a rich storyline that could have been explored throughout the series. :disappoin

Except if it's really the real Lord, which i'm inclined to believe. Then it just wouldn't make sense for him/her to show up earlier in the game and ruin everything.
If that's the case, i think it's pretty obvious that Takeru always knew what he's doing.

HEROW
Episode 42 was great, it brought back the Kabuto, Kajiki, and Tora Origami if only for a while though. The plot was very cool, and I wonder if they are still going to use the whole wedge in the middle of Japan even after Akumaro's death. Can't wait for episode 43 and the REAL 18th Head of the Shiba House appearance on episode 44.

Nice post!!
I just thought it might be like Makoto, which seems to be a name that can go for either gender.

It is, actually. I bet the actual episodes that reveal her are going to play with this a little bit.

(I was expecting a dude myself.)

Except if it's really the real Lord, which i'm inclined to believe. Then it just wouldn't make sense for him/her to show up earlier in the game and ruin everything.
If that's the case, i think it's pretty obvious that Takeru always knew what he's doing.

Especially when he was trained to sacrifice himself for Kaoru's sake. But now he values his life, thanks to the others.