I liked him when he wasn't a god
What led them to believe that?

I remember a few fan theories that Kotoha (?) or even Juzo (???) was the real lord of the Shiba. It's been around since the start of the series.

Still, "Kaoru?" What the hell?

Lurker
It's kind of interesting that they'd make it a new character though. Because of this, the other 5 now would have to pledge their loyalty to this other lord after growing so close to Takeru and their feelings will be split.

Kotaha would be weird. Can you imagine after all the abuse she gets that she'd end up as the lord? Juzzou I could see as the secret lord though, like he became what he is now and then was shamed away from the family.

The only thing is I don't enter the series going "Hmm...who's lying about who they are?" :p That's why it's such a surprise.

Nice post!!
What led them to believe that?

It's one of those things that happened in Japanese historical folklore that's been used a bunch of times in pop culture since. There's a famous story with Benkei and Yoshitsune involving this, I think.

It's not a guess I made but had I read it earlier from someone else I would've been, "Huh, maybe..." And I honestly wouldn't have had expected Shinkenger to have the guts to even try a plot twist like this.

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
The only thing is I don't enter the series going "Hmm...who's lying about who they are?" :p That's why it's such a surprise.

Same here, but apparently this kind of thing was common in Feudal Japan, thats why people called it, I guess.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
The Takeru is a lie

Would explain that one time he got injured for being called a liar.
But yea, I'm actually surprised, Shinkenger may get my interest back with this.

Same here, but apparently this kind of thing was common in Feudal Japan, thats why people called it, I guess.

Hmm, I was sort of half-expecting this ever since the "liar" thing. Wasn't sure they'd actually go there, but I'm not surprised they did. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out, and who Takeru really is.

like a SPINNING WHEEL
Didn't see that coming...o_o;

"Kaoru" ...where I have I heard that name before?...>< ...probably from some anime...

Wait, back like...I dunno, August or even before that, weren't there rumors that Takeru wasn't the real lord, he was just taking the place for someone else? Like an older brother or something?

Then that led to theories that Juuzou was the Shiba Lord..

I guess no one got my "the cake is a lie" reference.

Anyways apparently this girl will play kaoru

http://star-studio.jp/natsui-runa/
http://www.stardust.co.jp/profile/natsuiruna.html

89l.jpg

I could see Takeru's role become more of a body guard/decoy because the real Lord is still too young to become ShinkenRed.

Would like to change his avatar
Well, this means that the show could kill off Takeru, even. That would shake-up the beyond-stale versus movies.

Ankh's hair is simply FABULOUS