Both Ryuu and Black Fang have basically hit the nail on the coffin in terms of Decade (even though Black Fang's point is from a perspective of a grumpy old man that believes kids of this modern age are fucking stupid, but anyway.....hehe).

Huh? Since when do I work for Toei?

With the 40th anniversary of Kamen Rider coming upon us NEXT FALL, I expect Decade to make a return with some OVA-type special that will unite All the Riders (regardless if they can get the originals or not) with the new Kamen Rider of that year (whoever comes after W), and basically do a Heisei version of the Kamen Rider ZX special lol

If they had only waited one more year, it would have been the perfect time for DaiShocker. But noooo.......

If they had only waited one more year, it would have been the perfect time for DaiShocker. But noooo.......

The entire DaiShocker concept was one of the things I disliked about Decade (although I did enjoy the Showa Rider cameos)...

Hopefully, its overuse right now means that if we get another anniversary special for the 40 years of the franchise, it'll feature some new villains.

It'd be cool if they used Tsukasa as the "real great leader of shocker" like the one badan had in kamen rider Spirits. Since he's the great plot device rider and all for the next anniversary.

At least when Toei saw a chance to bring back the Showa Riders they took it. Right now, they don't even know what their plans are for the 40th anniversary, since they're focused on W. But I think that Decade gave them an idea what to do.

The entire DaiShocker concept was one of the things I disliked about Decade (although I did enjoy the Showa Rider cameos)...

But there were no real cameos. Not even the voices of the old actors.

Heroes are forever
Yep, it's all connected, the Showa era and the Heisei era now coexist together while still mantaining their own universes.
That's the reason why the Showa riders made their triumphant return 2 years earlier, that's the reason Shocker and all the older villains made their triumphant comebacks.
They can make a team-up anytime they want now, and this is how they have opened the gates to a succesful 40th Anniversary Celebration.

The other reason, as Black Fang stated, is moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyy.

Both reasons are correct.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Yep, it's all connected, the Showa era and the Heisei era now coexist together while still mantaining their own universes.
That's the reason why the Showa riders made their triumphant return 2 years earlier, that's the reason Shocker and all the older villains made their triumphant comebacks.
They can make a team-up anytime they want now, and this is how they have opened the gates to a succesful 40th Anniversary Celebration.

The other reason, as Black Fang stated, is moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyy.

Both reasons are correct

Pretty much, that's all it is too it. Connecting all the series and money......period

But there were no real cameos. Not even the voices of the old actors.

I was talking about the series in general, not this new movie, and the series and "All Riders" did have Black & RX.

In any case, the actors aren't the characters. I never really cared for the pointless actor cameos that Toei used to do in the past Rider movies.

I'm not too bothered by the lack of original voices (you seem to consider the suit-only participations as "false participations"?). Look at the "Double Rider Kick" scene in several trailers for All Riders. That wasn't the original voice for Rider #1, but no one even noticed until people actually watched the movie and saw the credits.

Last edited:
Mr. Kamen Rider
I thought Daishocker was one of the better ideas to come out of the show, though the fact that they weren't willing to give it the attention it needed didn't help. Had they gone about it from the get-go, with subtle hints that all the Heisei villains were secretly being united, it could have been reaaaaally good. We'd get freaky little things like the villains knowing of Riders they shouldn't. Why do guys in Blade World know about Kuuga? We'd have some Orphenochs or Worms experimenting with cybernetic augmentation and weirdo hybrid monsters. Creepy little hints here and there, building up to the big revelation that the classic villains are back. I think it would have made for a pretty awesome twist. Decade unites the Riders, Daishocker unites the villains.

As it is it's good fun, but comes in too late. Decade only has a proper reoccurring villain for the last few episodes. Narutaki's pretty much beyond help after Hibiki World, where him riding on a giant crab bitching about Decade killed any threat credibility the character had with me. He just became a joke. They could have at least done something with various big name villains running around for a few episodes and being defeated, dropping hints as to who Tsukasa is. Birugenia, Peacock Undead, General Shadow, and of course Apollo Geist...

If I were doing it, I'd have the first half of Decade concentrating on the 9 Heisei Riders and the Rider War coming in the middle, just sticking to them like in the first episode. Decade gets access to Complete Form when he has the accumulated power of the 9 other Riders, Narutaki is explained and settled, and Decade unites the main Riders and ends the whole war thing, which is all part of a bigger scheme. Daishocker's manipulating things even when they aren't onscreen.

The rest of the show is traveling around the Showa Rider worlds, meeting more Riders, with Daishocker gathering the remains of the Heisei villains (who have largely been destroyed in the first half) in preparation for something big. We find out where Decade originally came from, and it all culminates in the All Riders-type team-up finale.

But oh well, not much point in saying what I'd do, because it's already been done. :laugh: