HJU Radio #8 - Geek Talk & Utra Galaxy Movie/KR Double x Decade Movie/Cho Den-O Movie

In this world... it all fits. Arrows do all sorts of crazy **** in anime if shot right.

*Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk**Facedesk* *Facedesk* *Facedesk*

私の占いは当たる
*hands Kenori some ice for that* It's easier to think of Den-O as an anime, usually.

Am I the only one who hears some kind of echo in this?

In the second part? First part I am veeerrry ashamed of the echo we couldn't fix, but Part 2... I didn't notice it all that much.

Apparently Chad's set up was picking up out voices and causing echo.. :nono2:

Unfortunately the next episode where we have #$@!! and *$%@@*# on, we also didn't factor for echoing... by 10 tho... we should have it handled.

私の占いは当たる
I figured it was someone's machine, I just couldn't pick out which.

Ok, thoughts on this one:

Someone said Ryotaro's actor didn't come back because he didn't like the series. I think you're mixing Takeru Satoh up with Joe Odagiri rumors; Takeru's just too bloody expensive for Toei now (so's Hiro Mizushima from Kabuto).

I liked that movie, but I didn't think it held together as well with the kids as it would have with Takeru and Yuichi Nakamura. Dori Sakurada (Kotaro/NEW Den-O) and Takuya Mizoguchi (young Ryotaro) are pretty good actors, but I don't think they can carry the series like the other 2 could. It wouldn't be any issue getting Nakamura back--hell, he named his dog Zero--but Takeru's waaaaaaaaaaay too popular now. A big part of why movie 3 did so well is because Takeru was in it. I mean yeah he's got the weenie look, but that's what's popular right now. And he's not nearly as weenie as Koji Seto (Wataru).

I'd be hard pressed to pick who the bigger weenie was... Ryoutarou or Wataru. I know that at least Wataru had a cool dad.

Do you think that the kid actors didn't hold it together as well as the grown counter-parts because you're attached to the original Den-O cast or because the kids themselves didn't hold up?

I do wonder tho if Chou Den-O will be the new series. I wouldn't be surprised if it was... :disappoin

私の占いは当たる
Yeah, I think it's that I'm more used to the older cast. I'm a fan of Takeru and he's really grown as an actor since he did Den-O, as well. IIRC, in the announcement for this movie, they said it was part of a "Chou Den-O series."

I actually thought Kiva would have been far better without most of Wataru :loltongue:

On the other hand, when I watched Aquarian Age, which stars Dori, I got sort of a similar vibe from him. Like he's a great supporting actor but can't carry something on his own.

Also, Deneb annoys the **** out of me.

Last edited:
Keith, you do realize now that Kit used his Dragon Rider Kick to save Len. Kit got vented because his Final Vent collided with Wrath's.

re: Not enough differing opinion

While I understand the critique, in our defense I don't think ANY of us expected Keith to like it. ;)

Keith, you do realize now that Kit used his Dragon Rider Kick to save Len. Kit got vented because his Final Vent collided with Wrath's.

It looked like Wrath teleported at the last second and then Wrath vented him. It looked like Kit missed.. :sly:

And yeah.. something halfway decent could come from Den-O.... who knew? :D

It looked like Wrath teleported at the last second and then Wrath vented him. It looked like Kit missed.. :sly:

Making fun of Mebius' somersaults...is it comparable to the Sailor Moon somersaults?:laugh:

You got me rewatching both shows because of that.