Bandito Shake Cometh
I think the only enemy is his own insecurity. It's sad to see fans of teh superior intertainment who have to rip on everything else to feel vidicated.

one thing is clear...

YAY ME!!! :)

In short, Power Rangers, you're dead. Sentai got its revenge wish.

WRONG.

Is this mentality still around? I think we got rid of this 4 years ago. :p

All fans lose... the reason we're here together and the reason why Sentai and Kamen Rider already has as many fans as its got is BECAUSE of Power Rangers.

To paraphrase Dr. Manhattan, "Nothing ends, Keith. Nothing ever ends."

That mentality has been around even since the show came on in 1993. I've been there. And I saw it all as one who was already into Japanese sci-fi, including Super Sentai. Some people still think that way. You can't ever stop it, unfortunately.

Personally, I'm glad the show is over. But, I'm not going to go full force into everyone's faces and say, "HA HA HA!!! POWER RANGERS IS DEAD!!! SUPER SENTAI FOREVER!!!" I've grown up from that adolescent temptation. But I'm personally glad that Super Sentai can finally be free from Power Ranger influence, at least for a time. While people will miss anticipating which show will be Americanized, the fun for me has always simply been anticipating what new show will be on in Japan. What Toei will do with Super Sentai remains to be seen, but at least they can move on about their business and keep making shows fans can look forward to. Back in my day, it was buying/trading tapes. Now, for you young ones, it's torrent downloading! You can all be thankful for that.

Just my 2 yen.

CHANGE! GoseiJon!
WRONG.

Is this mentality still around? I think we got rid of this 4 years ago. :p

All fans lose... the reason we're here together and the reason why Sentai and Kamen Rider already has as many fans as its got is BECAUSE of Power Rangers.

All Sentai fans should never forget that and appreciate the respect the Sentai/Ranger franchise has received.

We should celebrate Power Ranger... one and all. :patriotic:

From Angel Grove to Space to the End of the World.... thank you, POWER RANGERS!!! :castlerock:

:patriotic:
clapm.gif

The Cookie Man!
RPM is just a great season and I'll miss it when it ends.

Hopefully PR will come back in a better way when it returns a couple years or later if RPM is the last season for now. Someone at RC asked if there would be a new production team by the time PR returns again....most definately will be for sure.

To paraphrase Dr. Manhattan, "Nothing ends, Keith. Nothing ever ends."

That mentality has been around even since the show came on in 1993. I've been there. And I saw it all as one who was already into Japanese sci-fi, including Super Sentai. Some people still think that way. You can't ever stop it, unfortunately.

Personally, I'm glad the show is over. But, I'm not going to go full force into everyone's faces and say, "HA HA HA!!! POWER RANGERS IS DEAD!!! SUPER SENTAI FOREVER!!!" I've grown up from that adolescent temptation. But I'm personally glad that Super Sentai can finally be free from Power Ranger influence, at least for a time. While people will miss anticipating which show will be Americanized, the fun for me has always simply been anticipating what new show will be on in Japan. What Toei will do with Super Sentai remains to be seen, but at least they can move on about their business and keep making shows fans can look forward to. Back in my day, it was buying/trading tapes. Now, for you young ones, it's torrent downloading! You can all be thankful for that.

Just my 2 yen.

I'm glad you're mature enough to know be, "LOL, PR TEH SUX!! HAHAHAHA!!" but why hate on something without appreciating its own merits. From the Sentai I've watched, it seems to be more than fine and doesn't really seem influenced by PR at all. In fact, I'm often surprised by what they do in the face of PR.

Only thing did is make it so that there are kids out there that have more to watch, have more fantasies to play in and eventually more fans that even know what Sentai is, and all the above are damn good things to me.

Not to mention it gives a chance for shows like RPM to even have existed and the world is a MUCH better place because of it.

Continuing the Creddie legacy
Ok guys I give up (again) but I can never hate Disney and Toei because I love Disney because of its *Ahem* teen girls and Toei for, well, their toku.

so my last post in this area is fin. now let's move on to the main topic.

I wanna fly high....
Well Arnie, if you would've worded it better, your post wouldn't have came off as ignorant. Remember, it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Oh and Keith, people feel that way towards PR because it's not "teh mature" and anything not from Japan is bad. A very ignorant view, but it's their view nontheless.

Sorry man, but that was the #1 thing I didn't like about Japan Hero. Me and Jeff had an opportunity to make the best place for all fans to unite, but he and Kage fwickin' hated PR so that any promotion of the show and its fans I put out got slapped the **** down. People were restricted from speaking of it in certain places.

That mentality should be left faaaaaaaaaaar in our fandom's past and left behind, I think.

It was the #1 thing I wanted out of HJU... not to foster that mentality that just holds us all back.

If you don't like a show.. don't like it cuz of its merits, not make up your mind based off the name and origin alone.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnyway, back on topic.

Power Rangers will return... bet on it. Once Toei starts missing that extra paycheck, they'll shop around and find a way. :thumbs: