Books Young Adult Novels

I'm almost 30, but lately I've found myself reading a lot of novels intended for teens and young adults. I feel like the stories are more fun and entertaining while still being just as profound. Also I guess they remind me of my youth in a nostalgic way.
Obviously there the popular choices like Harry Potter and The Hunger Games, but has anyone else been reading YA books? A couple of my favorites are Paper Towns by John Green and The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks by E. Lockhart

I am a big fan of Young Adult novels, but I only read Young Adult Contemporary books because they relate to real-life stories. I usually read something that is about life and death, which teaches me about life lessons and things like that. My favorite Young Adult authors are Sarah Dessen, Elizabeth Scott, and Robin Jones Gunn. I am also a huge fan of Young Adult Christian Contemporary fiction.

I agree completely. I love YA. I like reading the different fantasy and dystopian series like The Hunger Games, Divergent, and The Darkest Minds. But, there are also many good contemporary YA novels like The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Everything Leads to You. Some of my favorites.

I can understand where you're coming from, heyhowareyou! I read and still read books that are meant for young adults because it's something about the content and progression that intrigues. I personally think some adult authors should take note on how to make their stories more enticing.

As far as recommendations go with Darren Shan's stories. I LOVED the vampire series and the Demonata books. They didn't have the typical happy endings that most books do. People DIED; even favorite character you may grow attached to.

I think there is less pressure to be serious and profound when it comes to writing YA and that leaves room for more "silly" stories, as well as people who are just writing to tell a story, no deeper meaning needed.
I definitely think it's a more carefree, fun genre and it benifits from that: It makes it different.
As for reccomendations I reccomend anything by John Green and not long ago I read an amazing (in my oppinion) book called "Since You've Been Gone" by Morgan Matson. It's definitely worth a read if you have the time.

I actually tend to only read Adult non-fiction. I love YA fiction. It has the power to transport you to different worlds and I love that. One of my favorite authors is Alice Hoffman and she has a great YA collection. I can't remember them all off the top of my head but the Green Witch and Green Angel were very touching and beautifully written. Here a few other titles, I listed sequals together.
Skin Hunger and Sacred Scars
Perchance to Dream, Eyes Like Stars
Lament
The Morganville Vampires
The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices Series ( Same authour- The Infernal Devices is a prequal)

If you are looking for Adult fiction that feels the same way, Paul Hoffman has The Left Hand of God. I'm reading it right now and it pretty good so far. I found it while looking for the before mentioned Alice.

I have an eclectic taste in books--Love Inspired, Amish stories, Christian living, true crimes, crime fiction, biographies and autobiographies, children's books, and young adult fiction. Young adult books can be both entertaining and profound especially depending on the subject matter.

I only really read young adult novels anymore. Right now I'm reading Paper Towns, next I'll be reading Eleanor and Park, and then probably Looking for Alaska!

Ellen Hopkins writes in a very unique style. Some of my favorite books by her are Crank, Glass, and Burned. They are an easy read and very entertaining. The last time I read them I could not put it down. She writes in free verse poetry that takes on an abstract style. Everything flows very nicely.

I'm not really keen on current YA novels. Occasionally, I'll re-read something I first read as a girl, just for a trip down memory lane. I'm not a great fan of the fantasy genre and that's all that seems to be available for today's kids.